Powered by Outside

180mm travel freeride bike is dead ? like literally dead...discuss

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
180mm travel freeride bike is dead ? like literally dead...discuss
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 22:18 Quote
there are like 2 companys around north America making a 180mm freeride AM bike, is this saying that putting a 180 travel fork on a fancy new 160 mm enduro bike will be just fine for the steep and deep that your freeride bike could take ? sugestions? so more climbing to the top of your favourite trail with your bike that's also going to huck the way down ?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 8:07 Quote
konacowan7 wrote:
there are like 2 companys around north America making a 180mm freeride AM bike, is this saying that putting a 180 travel fork on a fancy new 160 mm enduro bike will be just fine for the steep and deep that your freeride bike could take ? sugestions? so more climbing to the top of your favourite trail with your bike that's also going to huck the way down ?

They are getting harder and harder to find, but you might still be able to find an 13-14 Intense Uzzi. It is a 180mm bike that can do anything.

27.5 and 160mm and low super wide bars are all marketing trends and I'm not down with any of them. I'm rollin 180mm front and rear on 26" with a nice med width riser bar. Oh and it's only 29lbs with low gears so I can climb to the top instead of walking up.

My Baby

http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Faster-Than-U,27599/setup,23252?scope=newest&riding_types%5B%5D=5

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 10:32 Quote
intense uzzi is one of the best freeride on the market.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
the uzzi is the original bike I wanted to buy until I noticed they are not continuing to make it

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 10:05 Quote
I just bought a Banshee Scythe. I don't see why they are dead, just trends I think. Depending where you live they can be the best bike. Possible to climb up with, awesome to rid down with.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:37 Quote
mtbrider71 wrote:
I just bought a Banshee Scythe. I don't see why they are dead, just trends I think. Depending where you live they can be the best bike. Possible to climb up with, awesome to rid down with.

I agree 100%

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:46 Quote
well I know its all because of the enduro boner, I need something I can pedal up and take big hits and steeps down but keeping the comfort of having 7'' of travel

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 19:24 Quote
The entourage may not be quite 7" ( @ 6.7") but only .3" less is pretty damn close and is a hell of a fun bike. Be cool if they did a 180mm version of the new operator with the geo dialed in around a 180mm fork.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 0:34 Quote
i didn't know uzzi's were out of production. what a shame.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 3:45 Quote
It's true that you won't find much bikes in 180mm if you want to pedal but you can still buy a frame alone and build the perfect one as you want.

I 've puchased an old frame ( Rage Dh) and gave it a 180 fork. It's just perfect in this configuration I can do DH, Freeride, even Slopestyle (i'm full air so just pump a lot and that's it)

Check this out Smile

photo

Some fun by the end of the day

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 4:54 Quote
bumpbumpoverthejump wrote:
i didn't know uzzi's were out of production. what a shame.

They are not listed anymore on the website. But you can still find 13-14 framsets at a few places like Bike Bling, Jensen, and Price Point. I've also heard rumors that they might be coming out with a carbon version soon, but if so, it will probably be a 27.5 with less travel which is a bummer. I'd take a carbon one, but not a 27.5. I'm not the tallest rider and I don't need or want bigger, heavier and flexy wheels that won't turn as good as a 26"

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 6:47 Quote
I have an entourage and that's a killer fr bike.
It comes stock with 170mm of travel but I plan on bumping it up to 180. I feel like Freeride isn't dead but enduro is kinda stealing the lime light?

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 22:44 Quote
that's a nice bike, boss with cane creek?
adrienpsn wrote:
It's true that you won't find much bikes in 180mm if you want to pedal but you can still buy a frame alone and build the perfect one as you want.

I 've puchased an old frame ( Rage Dh) and gave it a 180 fork. It's just perfect in this configuration I can do DH, Freeride, even Slopestyle (i'm full air so just pump a lot and that's it)

Check this out Smile

photo

Some fun by the end of the day

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 7:15 Quote
I ride a 2009 Norco shore, I think they were great bikes before Norco cancled them. But as for a free ride bike in the future. Why not throw lighter components and a single crown on a DH bike? the geometry might be thrown off a bit, but its gonna do the job

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 23:05 Quote
Transition tr500 would be dialed

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035990
Mobile Version of Website