Leavenworth Washington Trails

PB Forum :: USA - West
Leavenworth Washington Trails
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 9:02 Quote
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on taking a trip out to Leavenworth Wa next spring to check out their trails. I've seen a few videos on youtube of some of the trails, and I need someone's advice on what type a bike would work best for out there. As of now I have a 26" hardtail and I'm in the middle of putting together a downhill bike. For the people that have ridden the trails out there, what would be best to bring? I really don't want to bring both as I'd rather travel lightly.

Thanks!
Paul

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 11:59 Quote
I would choose the full suspension option. You could probably get away with a hardtail on most trails but assuming you'll be riding things like Xanadu, Rosy Boa, Tres Hombres you'll enjoy having a full sus much more.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 20:11 Quote
Keep in mind unless you have shuttle availability on a full on DH bike you may be pushing a bit on a lot of those ridge lines. Its doable on anything. I ride my hard tail just as much as my trail bikes but I have done them on a blindside and an SX trail,,, it was considerably more work...Your best bet is a 5-6" ish bike

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 17:30 Quote
I'm planning on making it out to Leavenworth for some riding this season for sure. What are some trails to hit for sure? I'm looking for some big days with lots of peddling. What's the best time of year to ride there?

Any info would be appreciated.

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 17:36 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
I'm planning on making it out to Leavenworth for some riding this season for sure. What are some trails to hit for sure? I'm looking for some big days with lots of peddling. What's the best time of year to ride there?

Tres Hombres for sure. Maybe Xanadu or Tibbets (Jump start). There's a couple others but if you're looking for no pedaling that's about it. Leavenworth is really a place to bring a good AM bike. But on a DH, Tres is rad.

Talk to the guys at Das Rad Haus! They have the map, directions, and possibly even shuttle hook up.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 19:51 Quote
tangeman wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

Tres Hombres for sure. Maybe Xanadu or Tibbets (Jump start). There's a couple others but if you're looking for no pedaling that's about it. Leavenworth is really a place to bring a good AM bike. But on a DH, Tres is rad.

Talk to the guys at Das Rad Haus! They have the map, directions, and possibly even shuttle hook up.

I'm actually looking for big days with lots of pedalling. Devil's Gultch?

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 19:55 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
tangeman wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

I'm actually looking for big days with lots of pedalling. Devil's Gultch?

Oh I read it as without! Yeah Devils is good, try going up it and then down the Mission Ridge trail. Not super technical but good. Icicle Ridge is a big alpine ride, starting from the Fourth of July Creek trail and finishing right by town has about 5000 ft elevation gain but a 6000 ft descent. Some stuff around Nason Ridge or Chickamin Creek could be worth checking out. I'd still hit Xanadu or Rosy Boa too, for a physically easier day. Again, Das Rad Haus is your friend.

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 21:04 Quote
What he said. Devils gulch is killer. also you can put together an awesome time with epic long days of peddling by shooting off the gulch trail right off the bat and doing the red devil red hill loop. I think that loop is about 15 miles but at the top of the Red Hill intersection it connects to the Tronsen Ridge area which is vast you can ride over to Blewitt pass for a pick up or do a huge out and back though some pretty challenging loose stuff as it is more typically used for moto. But I have rarely run into motos in numbers just usually a couple of dudes.

Some other big areas is the mad river / maverick saddle zone, that usually opens up late spring. Sage Hills in Wenatchee is also a good time for lots of smooth single track peddling which connects to Number 2 canyon with trails like stairway to heaven.

Das Rad Haus is your first stop. Pick up the area comprehensive map.

also feel free to message me before you go I am always looking for an excuse to go ride my favorite zones...

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 21:21 Quote
Awesome advice. Thank you very much.

If you want advice on squamish, north van or fraser valley I'd gladly return the favor.

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 21:48 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Awesome advice. Thank you very much.

If you want advice on squamish, north van or fraser valley I'd gladly return the favor.

Cheers I am planning to check out those areas slowly but surely over the next few years. I for one will hit you up Beer

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 13:02 Quote
Hey East Siders... You guys having as good of weather as we are over here? If so what trails are ridable? Xanadu up in the snow? I am thinking of heading over in the next week or so for a rip. Possible Red Devil loop if its dry enough...Cheers~

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 19:29 Quote
It's warm, but from what I hear the road getting up to Xanadu is still kind of a mud fest. I'd bet the Devil's Gulch area is the same. Ancient Lakes and Ephrata are riding good though.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 20:05 Quote
tangeman wrote:
It's warm, but from what I hear the road getting up to Xanadu is still kind of a mud fest. I'd bet the Devil's Gulch area is the same. Ancient Lakes and Ephrata are riding good though.

Ah cheers man. I haven't been to either area so might be a good excuse to go hit something new. Smile

I used to ride moto at a place we called Mattawa. Same as the potholes?

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 12:13 Quote
They're sort of out that way. Ephrata has a pretty decent network called Beezley Hills, and Ancient Lakes there are a couple different loops or out and backs you can take. They're both pretty flat, XC style areas but still good if you're just trying to get on two wheels. Shoot me a PM if you want maps or anything

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 19:53 Quote
So I am going to be out that way the weekend of the 23rd-24th...Echo ridge good to go this time of year?

I haven't checked that area out and was thinking of it. or possibly the Chelan Butte for a rip...Anything else out that way needs a checking into?

Also be stoked to hook up with someone over there for rides.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018797
Mobile Version of Website