Powered by Outside

Mt. Baldy

PB Forum :: USA - West
Mt. Baldy
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
I heard they opened up a few downhill runs, some shore, and some djs up on Mt. Baldy in California. The guy I talked to said they have some of the steepest downhill in the country. Did anyone go last summer? It was their first summer open so I don't think many people would, but I'm thinking about going up this summer. Any input would be appreciated, or if you're interested in going too, let me know.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
The only thing at baldy is 1 fireroad, no dh trails, no shore, no djs, not worth the time until they actually build something.

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
i rode up there two summers ago and they have some steep dh...only two different trails...very techincal and lots of shale...buts its pretty fun overall...

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
You sure? It's been like an year since they said it would open soon. spring break?

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
i dont know for sure. i talked to a rep at my school selling lift tickets, and he said that last summer they were open. apparently they never really advertised it much though.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
Why would they advertise if they only have one fireroad. Any dh trails up at baldy are illegal and SHOULD NOT be ridden. They are trying to work through the enviromental red tape to build a bike park but its a hard process. Riding any illegal trails just makes the situation worse and lessens the chance of a bikepark. Hopefully they will get permission and build a bike park sometime.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 0:34 Quote
ahh didnt know its red flagged. im at school like 20 min away from there so ill just ask them sometime soon

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 at 22:05 Quote
A friend of mine rode it about 2 years ago. He said that it was really narly and super steep. From what he told me, it just wasnt his kind of riding. It wasnt "fun" to him. He is an experienced rider but maybe hes just too picky. haha

That would be very cool if they got a bike park going, since we really dont have that many places to ride anymore in socal since the close of mountain biking at Summit.

Any links or articles about this topic?

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 7:22 Quote
i havent been able to find any info on it. mt baldy has on their website a price for mountain bike lift tickets, but theres nothing on there about a trail. all the info ive gotten was word of mouth, so i started the thread.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
read my damn post!!!!, there are no legal trails at baldy, dont ride any illegal trails and screw up our chances of a bikepark

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
jamesdc wrote:
read my damn post!!!!, there are no legal trails at baldy, dont ride any illegal trails and screw up our chances of a bikepark

chill out. in case you havent noticed, theres SNOW on top of that mountain. im just trying to get an IDEA of whether or not they have anything so this SUMMER i can go IF they have a legal park. im NOT some hack ass teen ager looking to ride and destroy. if i skrew it up for everyone then i have a bunch of angry bikers on my butt.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
some guy up there two years ago came down to my local shop and handen out a few flyers to use and my bro and i went and rode it...maybe know they are all closed up, but it was open to mtb a few summers ago...

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
They still have MTB lift access, its 25 all day i beleive. Ive ridden the fireroad all the way up a few times and have seen groups of DH riders going down some really steep hillsides but there were no actual trails visible. A bike park would be sweet though, it'd be nice to have something inbetween mammoth trips

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
I'm thinking of ridding it this weekend. And to the kid freaking out about them having no trails then why do they have this posted? Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.shopbaldy.com/summer/SummerImages/LargeMTB.jpg

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011621
Mobile Version of Website