Powered by Outside

Whats with Troy Lee helmets?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats with Troy Lee helmets?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
Theres nothing like a troy lee helmet, that says pro...

What's the deal? Why are they such a popular helmet even for the bloody price. I have a giro remedy that seems sweet enough for me.

P.S personally i don't have enough money to get one that's why i'm bitching.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:20 Quote
narlynorcodude wrote:
What's the deal? Why are they such a popular helmet even for the bloody price.

Paint/graphics make you faster, obviously. :-) The carbon ones are really light, and fit well, but still, my moto road race helmet cost less and it was THE BEST when it came out! Ridiculous. Its all in the name.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Its all in the name.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
yes it is
sykesy wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
Its all in the name.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
The TLD helmets just look soo dam cool.
but I personally like my giro remedy. It is the best helmet for the price.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
i got mine for 300, and to tell u the truth, so foar its been worth it, it firs like a dream, and i cant even tell i am wearing it

also, the name

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
I reckon the giro remedy is freeriders choices and troy lee is the extremely professional downhillers choice

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
I have a Bell and it works for me

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
personally i love to just throw a load of stickers on my lid and not worry about scratching my helmet, so long as it's reasonably light and has passed the required safety tests it'll be fine, here's mine, £45 in the sale nearly 3 years ago now and still going strong.(excuse the hair!)
photo

IMO anybody under 18 with a tld helmet may as well have a big 'rich kid here' sign on their head, they are just shiney fashion statements

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
righto...for a free rider a giro is good cuz when u crash they arent too expensive to replace ,...a tld is though
narlynorcodude wrote:
I reckon the giro remedy is freeriders choices and troy lee is the extremely professional downhillers choice

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
tld hemets are so dope they breath they fitt nice theere light they look really cool

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
I like my remedy for the price. But it's a bit like an stp now, every second kid has one

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
sykesy wrote:
personally i love to just throw a load of stickers on my lid and not worry about scratching my helmet, so long as it's reasonably light and has passed the required safety tests it'll be fine, here's mine, £45 in the sale nearly 3 years ago now and still going strong.(excuse the hair!)
photo

IMO anybody under 18 with a tld helmet may as well have a big 'rich kid here' sign on their head, they are just shiney fashion statements
acctually i can get troy lees for free cuz my 14 year old cousin is sponsered by them for mx racing

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
I personally started with a Giro Mad MaxII (M/L size, the smallest size) and while in Whistler I wrecked and because it did not fit that well I ended up having to get stitches on my chin. I have a really small head and when I was shopping around for helmets the TLD was the ONLY helmet that would fit snug.(I wear the xs/sm size) I must have gone to all the shops in Whistler before spending the big bux on the TLD. I can agree with the others that have posted, I wear the composite version and it fits so well that I don't even know its there, pretty light too. It vents well and looks badass. Yeah the name means something, but the fit is why I bought mine, it's amazing. I wouldn't ride anything else.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
In one of the issues of Mountain Bike Action they tested the best full face helmets
The criteria was Comfort, Protection, wiegh ectect

Here are the results 1 being the best!

-Giro Remedy Carbon
-Specilized Deivant Carbon
-TLD D2 Carbon
-661 Pro Bravo Carbon
-Fox rampage

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010418
Mobile Version of Website