Problem with intense tracer t275c, intense support doesn't even answer emails.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Problem with intense tracer t275c, intense support doesn't even answer emails.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 20:19 Quote
Hello fellas, I'm not sure if this thread is in the right place, if is not please forgive me, I'm newbie here, please move it if is necessary.

to the point. I bought a intense tracer t275c frame with cane creek double barrel cs 5 months ago, I paid 3600usd for it.

I have to tell I am very disappointed with the quality, design and finish of the frame, this is one of the most expensive bike frames in the market today, is unacceptable it comes with steel bolts like the ones you can find on a home depot, this is just a detail, but it's ugly.

The seat clamp, the frame comes with a cheap, ugly and really heavy QR seat clamp. (again a detail, but it's the second one)

The rear axle, not QR, ugly, heavy, again, just a detail (there is three with this).

The inner routing is so bad designed, when the hoses leave the front triangle to enter the rear triangle they are pulled in and out everytime the suspension is working, as you can imagine the inner routing is not lubricated and sometimes the hose don't run free and it rubs on the frame, this produces wear marks on the frame.
yesterday I found other users complaining the same thing on intense's facebook page (also without answer)
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g357/yakkosconf/intenset275worn_zps5812b57c.jpg
The inner routing guides, really? are those fish tank hoses glued to the frame by a child?, ok, this is really a minor detail, but come on!! I paid 3600 for this crap! (someone has seen the internal route of a santa cruz nomad? they are beutiful)

The upper link, the bottom of the shock (double barrel cs) rubs on the link when it's on the upper position (to 160mm travel) , it creaks and causes wear on both pieces, the shock and the link. This is not a detail, this is serious and will lead to a big failure.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g357/yakkosconf/intenset275link_zps3c14932b.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g357/yakkosconf/intenset275shock_zps16791bf6.jpg

I paid 3600usd for this frame and shock, the least I expected was top of the class components, titanium bolts, a light/titanium bolt seat clamp, a QR 12mm really light rear axle, excellent finish and a flawless design, but this clearly is not the case.

And the final touch, I bought this frame 5 months ago, I've used it 8 or 10 times, I always clean my bikes very carefully, never use water, the bike is always stored inside the house. Two days ago the frame started to creak very loud I freaked out and started to try to find out the problem, finally I found the problem, all the upper bearings are stuck, this is a new bike and I have to replace the bearings already?, I don't know what to say, this is outrageous.

this is unacceptable, is disrespectful to your customers, a 3600usd frame, with cheap hardware, cheap seat clamp, cheap rear axle and a bad quality and cheap bearings.

this wouldn't be a problem if the frame was GT o SantaCruz, they have a really nice customer support but intense customer support doesn't exist, for months I sent a lot of messages to the support's email on the intense's website, never had an answer.

after searching and trying to contact intense, someone gave me the contact of Sam at intense, I sent a couples of emails to sam a month ago, I never had an answer.

so here I am, alone in the world, with a new 3600usd crappy frame, with bad bearings, bad design , a worn upper link and worn frame going right to fail.

Needless to say it is my last intense bike.

if anyone knows a way to get an answer from intense, I'll be very gratefull.

PS: sorry abouy my english is not my languague.

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 22:16 Quote
Have you tried picking up the phone and giving them a call? Their number is (951) 296-9596. Or better yet, how about going down to your local Intense dealer to talk to someone in person?

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 6:27 Quote
slumgullion wrote:
Have you tried picking up the phone and giving them a call? Their number is (951) 296-9596. Or better yet, how about going down to your local Intense dealer to talk to someone in person?
I am not in usa, I'm in Chile (south america) and I don't speak english, I can't call, and there is no official intense distribuitor here.

besides, I was been able to solve everything I needed in the past by emails, come on! it's 2015, is not that hard to answer an email, right?

FL
Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 19:36 Quote
You definatley have a legitimate concern and I completely agree with you. A frame with a price tag like that should be fundamentally flawless in regards to design and component/hardware selection. I hope you get these issues resolved.

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 5:46 Quote
Rlvinas wrote:
You definatley have a legitimate concern and I completely agree with you. A frame with a price tag like that should be fundamentally flawless in regards to design and component/hardware selection. I hope you get these issues resolved.
thanks pal!

I got an answer from intense yesterday, they only will send a replacing bearings kit, that's all.

I'm not happy, but at least I had an answer.

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 10:01 Quote
Maybe they fit steel bolts for a reason i.e. They bend instead of snapping or shearing off.

Tbh all top end $$$$$$$ carbon full suss frames are never going to be perfect for various reasons but SC and the rest am sure have cable rub issues. Perhaps you may want to heli tape to protect your frame for future use.

As for stating how much you spent every paragraph, perhaps take note that your first port of call is your dealer or in your case the shop/dealer whom sold you the frame.
They will then assess the frame and how much of a real concern it should cause.

The only sympathy I have for you is that the amount of money spent is going to be a shock if you find little niggles (to you) but in all fairness that's what is expected as no bike product is without fault to some degree.

I would say before dismissing Intense as a Company asap, make sure you contact your place of purchase to look into and resolve where possible for you.

That's my pennies worth before I go grab some brain food! Smile

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 10:36 Quote
I tell everyone who's looking at a intense why would you buy a copy of a Santa Cruz ? Santa Cruz give Intense permission to use there suspension design. In ireland alone there is more than 4 cracked intense frames and one Being a head tube snap. Real poor quality, companys like intense don't deserve to be in business.

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 12:14 Quote
Interesting, my Intense is 100% A ok!

Maybe go vent your mislead fury in an email to Intense themselves...?

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 12:33 Quote
TheFreney wrote:
I tell everyone who's looking at a intense why would you buy a copy of a Santa Cruz ? Santa Cruz give Intense permission to use there suspension design. In ireland alone there is more than 4 cracked intense frames and one Being a head tube snap. Real poor quality, companys like intense don't deserve to be in business.

VPP is not Santa Cruz's design, they also used it under licence until they had the $$$ to buy the patents.

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 13:28 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Interesting, my Intense is 100% A ok!

Maybe go vent your mislead fury in an email to Intense themselves...?

I wouldnt waste my time, I'd rather inform people so they don't waste there money. I'm just giving information of whats happened over on ireland, one lad cracked his twice which is a joke.

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 13:48 Quote
And that doesn't happen to other brand frames!!?

Wtf!

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 13:55 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

Wtf!

I never said that, there's less than 20 intenses in ireland, and 4 of them have been cracked. That's not good enough your paying more for an intense while you can get a Santa Cruz for less and the company will take care of you, you don't hear about carbon Santa Cruz's cracking, so that's why I have a deep hatred towards intense. They have no problem taking your money for poorly made bikes but when you have a problem your on your own in almost all cases. Bit of a no brainer in my opinion.

FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 15:38 Quote
TheFreney wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Wtf!

I never said that, there's less than 20 intenses in ireland, and 4 of them have been cracked. That's not good enough your paying more for an intense while you can get a Santa Cruz for less and the company will take care of you, you don't hear about carbon Santa Cruz's cracking, so that's why I have a deep hatred towards intense. They have no problem taking your money for poorly made bikes but when you have a problem your on your own in almost all cases. Bit of a no brainer in my opinion.

Never owned an Intense. I value real customers reviews and experiences. Too many good bikes out there without a shadow of a doubt as far as issues with quality. Not buying Intense.

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 15:44 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Maybe they fit steel bolts for a reason i.e. They bend instead of snapping or shearing off.

Tbh all top end $$$$$$$ carbon full suss frames are never going to be perfect for various reasons but SC and the rest am sure have cable rub issues. Perhaps you may want to heli tape to protect your frame for future use.

As for stating how much you spent every paragraph, perhaps take note that your first port of call is your dealer or in your case the shop/dealer whom sold you the frame.
They will then assess the frame and how much of a real concern it should cause.

The only sympathy I have for you is that the amount of money spent is going to be a shock if you find little niggles (to you) but in all fairness that's what is expected as no bike product is without fault to some degree.

I would say before dismissing Intense as a Company asap, make sure you contact your place of purchase to look into and resolve where possible for you.

That's my pennies worth before I go grab some brain food! Smile

By the way Santa Cruz's don't have cable rub issues, that's down to the bike shop poorly setting them up.

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 3:44 Quote
Whatever, theyve oh so clearly rubbed your snout/bottom up tge wrong way that you'll continue to slate them off until the day you die.

No point in arguing the difference of opinion with folk like you.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011546
Mobile Version of Website