Tyres !

• Previous Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 12:08 Quote
Hey guys in currently using HR2s 3c compound and quite like them but want something more grippy in loose and mucky conditions, I can't decide between WTB vigilante team edition front and standard back. Or Conti Trail Kings black chilli compound in a 2.2 front and back.

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
how about Schwalbe Baron or Muddy Mary?

edit - I meant Magic Mary...

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 11:59 Quote
brianl wrote:
how about Schwalbe Baron or Muddy Mary?

I quite hate schwalbe to be honest.

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 19:09 Quote
If you like maxxis, try the Shorty. Looks like a cut mud spike and is perfect for loose muddy conditions.

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 0:14 Quote
Multivac wrote:
If you like maxxis, try the Shorty. Looks like a cut mud spike and is perfect for loose muddy conditions.

I was going to try the shorty but for some reason it can't be got in ireland.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 0:35 Quote
TheFreney wrote:
Multivac wrote:

What you mean from a bike shop?, surely you can order one of the interweb?

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 4:23 Quote
Yep.... Not always easy to get what you're looking for in Ireland but bike components have them in single and 2 ply and all sizes, unless you try a shop to order them or price them, should be a good tyre.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 4:34 Quote
Yeah they look pretty good the Maxxis Shorty, I'd only come across them about a week ago, a little similar to a Schwalbe Magic Mary...

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 5:21 Quote
The wtb vigilante might be another option, met a few guys up ticknock raving about them and others saying the marys were a little heavy but good.
I'm using HR2 3c aswell..... nearly but not quite enough for this time of year.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 11:53 Quote
jonb71 wrote:
The wtb vigilante might be another option, met a few guys up ticknock raving about them and others saying the marys were a little heavy but good.
I'm using HR2 3c aswell..... nearly but not quite enough for this time of year.

I think I'll try the Specialized Butchers, I'll get a shorty once there's some in ireland and just keep it as a spare.
The Vigilante I'm also looking at but they weigh more than they say they do, I weighed a team edition and it came in at 1200 grams.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 11:54 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
Yeah they look pretty good the Maxxis Shorty, I'd only come across them about a week ago, a little similar to a Schwalbe Magic Mary...

Not as wide as the magic mary and the thread is deeper so it gets through muck easier, I found with the magic Mary it takes half the trail with you when you hit muck and it measured about 2.6" when I mounted my one on the front.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
TheFreney wrote:
Multivac wrote:

I actually don't buy off the internet especially tyres, a lad in Ireland got a Magic Mary and all the knobs on the tyre were all pointing to one side lol, it was bought off bike components.de, and also im using the new Enve rims and they can be hard to get a tyre to sit on the rim so i generally fit the tyre myself but let the bike shop just get the compressor at it.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
Let us know how you get on with the butchers as ur in similar territory to me.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 12:28 Quote
jonb71 wrote:
Let us know how you get on with the butchers as ur in similar territory to me.

There meant to be savage, I'll let you know.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 12:53 Quote
TheFreney wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
TheFreney wrote:

I actually don't buy off the internet especially tyres, a lad in Ireland got a Magic Mary and all the knobs on the tyre were all pointing to one side lol, it was bought off bike components.de, and also im using the new Enve rims and they can be hard to get a tyre to sit on the rim so i generally fit the tyre myself but let the bike shop just get the compressor at it.

Thats unlucky about the tyre, but I'm sure in that case they would pay for the return postage costs. I know it's just annoying having to return something especially if you need it right away. Just bought a tyre from there myself and it was a fair bit cheaper than the same tyre I purchased in the UK, it was £17 cheaper.

Not sure what you mean exactly about not being able to get the tyre to sit on rim?, do you mean for tubeless or you just couldn't get the bead to seat fully...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012580
Mobile Version of Website