Powered by Outside

2015 Boxxer Team Upgrade

PB Forum :: Downhill
2015 Boxxer Team Upgrade
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2015 at 15:44 Quote
Can you upgrade a 2015 rockshock boxxer team to a world cup? The solo air upgrade kit that they sell independently says that it is for model years 2011 to 2014

Posted: Mar 16, 2015 at 6:00 Quote
davidflu wrote:
Can you upgrade a 2015 rockshock boxxer team to a world cup? The solo air upgrade kit that they sell independently says that it is for model years 2011 to 2014
I'm planning on doing this, since team 2015 + solo air is cheaper than world cup 2015. My team is already on the way, and I'll be ordering the solo air soon. There shouldn't be a problem, if it's doable for 2011-2014, it should be for 2015 as well

Posted: Mar 16, 2015 at 22:52 Quote
Apparently the solo air doesn't work in the team, as the coil makes small scratches on the inside of the stanchion, wich may not allow the cartridge to fully seal, thus causing it to leak air.

Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 1:09 Quote
david-lemieux wrote:
Apparently the solo air doesn't work in the team, as the coil makes small scratches on the inside of the stanchion, wich may not allow the cartridge to fully seal, thus causing it to leak air.
That shouldn't be the case for a brand new fork though

Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 6:53 Quote
Yeah for a brand new fork it should be alright.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 9:46 Quote
I had a coil in my Boxxer for 3 years before I switched to air and I have had 0 problems. Still has the same amount of air that I put in a couple months ago. As long as the coils used didn't have the polymer protection bands removed and the fork was properly lubed it will probably be ok.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
Thanks for the advice pinkbike users

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 0:41 Quote
My 2 team forks converted to WC easuily, was about 10-20 minutes work per fork and alot cheaper then buying a WC

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 18:10 Quote
The solo air kit is fine, works great for me in a 2010 team, a 2012 r2c2 and a 2014 rc. The team stanchion was pretty scratched up on the inside bc the insulators on the spring moved to the bottom of the spring, the conversion solo air would lose air pressure after about 2 park days. Not too much but still some. I started putting extra grease on the seals when I would rebuild them and that fixed it. Haven't had any issues with any other fork at all. Easy conversion too.

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 at 6:42 Quote
I'm curious to know why you guys converted to air, was it just for the 300g weight saving? Have you noticed any performance improvement/drop coming from spring? Being able to alter 'ramp up' is, I guess, the main benefit?

I have a 2015 Team, and was wondering if it was worth the cost for the Solo Air Upgrade Kit?

FL
Posted: Apr 30, 2015 at 6:58 Quote
mikecawsey wrote:
I'm curious to know why you guys converted to air, was it just for the 300g weight saving? Have you noticed any performance improvement/drop coming from spring? Being able to alter 'ramp up' is, I guess, the main benefit?

I have a 2015 Team, and was wondering if it was worth the cost for the Solo Air Upgrade Kit?

I did it for weight and because it is more adjustable then with spring

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 at 12:49 Quote
I switched my back shock to a vivid air from a fox dhx with a ti coil, I switched the front to air to match. I honestly haven't found any performance difference but setting sag is simple

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 9:17 Quote
Cant wait to do this to my new YT tues that came with the Team. It came with a medium boxxer spring so i need to swap that anyway to might as well spend the extra $120 for a world cup performance and weight. Last bike had the world cup too so i will be used to it. Might even swap out the spring to titanium and for $250 or so take a pound off the bike.

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 4:31 Quote
Another detail i noticed. If you want to buy a new Boxxer upper tube there is only two options. Left and Right. additional proof that all left upper tube can accept any internals.

If you have an older fork and wanted to do the swap but you were worried about it not holding air you could always just do the swap, if it didnt work its only $150 for an upper tube and a few more bucks for an O ring kit.

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 5:33 Quote
Would I be able to convert to this from an RC2? I'm in the process of also getting a Tues ^ but it's just the standard AL.

I had intended on getting the comp but got a great offer on a basically brand new 2nd hand basic model off my in law.

I was looking into the charger damper anyway, not sure if it's worth going to the air even if I can.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010832
Mobile Version of Website