Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 16:23 Quote
Seeing as the meta sx guys have their own thread why don't we have our one too! Razz
Mines just ordered so cant say much yet, went for a yellow origin plus size large!
I was told that the paint rubs of the top tube easily.. this true? and does it come with any frame protection at all? Smile
Feel free to post your V4 in here! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 7:26 Quote
I have taken delivery of a V4 and can confirm it does come with a single sheet of frame protection, but is a gloss finish rather than matte.

Bike looks great and during my build i have swapped out some parts straight from the box, no paint issues yet, but will keep an eye and also need to watch for the heel run on the chainstay.

I'll put some pics up once I get a good run out on the bike!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 15:47 Quote
Here's mine, enjoying it quite a bit thus far.

Trying something new. 15 Meta AM V4

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 19:16 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Here's mine, enjoying it quite a bit thus far.

Trying something new. 15 Meta AM V4

Nice! What size frame is that?

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 13:47 Quote
PhoS wrote:
large

Cool. That paint job looks great!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 16:03 Quote
MonoJono wrote:
PhoS wrote:
large

Cool. That paint job looks great!

It's not bad, personally I'll be covering some of it with matte black vinyl. The graphics on the wheels are also silk screened decals so expect a small challenge to clean them off. I wish they would have made a nice downtube protector like they did for the chainstay, I already put a nice rock scar on the bottom.

FL
Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
Mine arrived the weekend but I was away racing, picking it up tomorrow night! people have been telling my the top tube paint is rubbing off from their knee pads and the chainstays from their ankle! is the paint really that bad?

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 9:07 Quote
I could see it happening on the chainstay, the rear end of this bike is WIDE. I haven't had any major rubbing issues but I do see some shoe scuffs on the the protective material I put over the chainstay/seatstay. If you put the protective sheet in the right place it should be a non-issue.

FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 11:09 Quote
Could you show me some pics of where exactly to put it? Rode it around the streets and I can already see the chainstay paint going!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 19:35 Quote
I covered the seat stays on both sides over the META graphics. And the left chainstay towards the rear, and a big piece over the top tube where the commencal graphic is.

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 8:14 Quote
Here is my Meta Essential "Limited"
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotoalbum.mtb-forum.it/image.php?id=1020747&s=800&uid=14012

FL
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 11:02 Quote
I've already rubbed through the protective sheet on the chain and seat stays. You might just have to get used to a little bit of raw aluminium showing through. Not really a big issue for me, personally. Bikes get ridden, paint gets scuffed and scratched, life goes on

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 12:34 Quote
Hey guys, I have the V3 Meta AM, the one thing that bugs me is the internal routing rattle from the reverb hose. I just wondered if this has been sorted on the new V4?

FL
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 12:45 Quote
I can hear it sometimes but it doesn't bother me too much, haven't bothered to do it yet but put zip ties around the cable and don't cut them

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013528
Mobile Version of Website