Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Bike that handle it all

• Previous Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 17:04 Quote
Alright I'm sure there is more threads about this but I'm in the market for my first real bike that is worth more than pocket change. I want a bike that can do it all. I want something that can handle the jumps and drops but is still in the all mountain category. I want to be able to still use it for trail rides and for working out. I looked at the mission series from diamondback and it looked like that would be in the market for. My price range is a max of 2500... Thanks in advance!

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 20:59 Quote
Have you looked at the Airborne Goblin Evo? I hear good things about their bikes value for what you're getting. Maybe a bit on the heavy side of things and they do sacrifice in some areas to give you more value. But since it is direct from the manufacturer you are paying less.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 5:54 Quote
Santa Cruz Heckler. I use mine for everything. Even took it for a lap at the bike park this weekend and it held up just fine. Also right in your price range. Check out my pics

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 6:31 Quote
Commencal meta! I ride a v3 and it handles everything.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 6:31 Quote
My friend has a Giant Reign 2, fantastic bike. Also check out the Canyon Strive AL if they ship to your country.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 6:36 Quote
Pivot Mach 6, great climbing, handles anything going down, big day in the bike park, tech trails, jump lines, does it all.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 7:10 Quote
I'd look at the Commencal Meta AM v4. I am getting ready to buy a frame and build up. They have some good builds between the 2000-2500 range to get you started.

http://www.commencalusa.com/meta-am-v4-origin-plus-650b-black-2015-c2x14720212

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
RearBrake wrote:
Pivot Mach 6, great climbing, handles anything going down, big day in the bike park, tech trails, jump lines, does it all.
where are they selling for 2500?

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 12:39 Quote
Whoops, skimmed the OP, my bad. The aluminum frame is out this year so hopefully it'll be on the affordable side.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 14:18 Quote
2500 what, euro, gbp, usd, potatoes? Doesn't seem to be a flag on your profile. Wink

If its gbp I've just picked up a Specialized Enduro for £2k and its taken a beating already, eats up 6" drops and 15" gaps all day, fairly light, great spec.

My mates also just got a Kona process 153 for £2200, specs not quite as good and less rear travel (he's lighter anyway) but it comes with a dropper.

Both cracking bikes.

I looked at the YT Capra too but stocks a bit light and 2016 bikes not yet available, just couldn't wait that long.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 14:50 Quote
sam14thomas wrote:
Yt capra!

By handle, you mean crack repeatedly & wait months for a replacement, right?

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 22:40 Quote
HobNob wrote:
sam14thomas wrote:
Yt capra!

I haven't got one but I said them because of the price and reviews!! I rode the carbon version for like 5 min and it felt awesome!!! (Bearing in mind I'm only on a ht)!!!

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
HobNob wrote:
sam14thomas wrote:
Yt capra!

Forum needs s like button Wink

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010169
Mobile Version of Website