Norco why such a bad rep?

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco why such a bad rep?
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 13:11 Quote
I have a Norco. I like it a lot. However it seems Norco has a bad rep. Is it bad marketing? Why are they always the last choice (Have read in forums a few too many times) Is it because it is Canadian??

Does this company lack a budget to put a top rider in a Norco?

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 13:17 Quote
Well its mostly because there geometry sucks and because they do a garbage job building them you see so many norcos busted up huge cracks all over its ridiculous. not because they are Canadian. Banshee is Canadian and is a wicked bike company. so are rocky mountains dont know how the Canadian thing came up but what ever

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 13:18 Quote
I love my Norco also I have owned lots of other Bigger $$ bike and I tell you for the $$ i am not looking Back but could be swayed for an SX Trail 1or2

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 13:24 Quote
quickfinger wrote:
Well its mostly because there geometry sucks and because they do a garbage job building them you see so many norcos busted up huge cracks all over its ridiculous. not because they are Canadian. Banshee is Canadian and is a wicked bike company. so are rocky mountains dont know how the Canadian thing came up but what ever
Sorry Dude But PUT down the Crack pipe Look at the specs there About the same as any other for Geom thats just CHEAP and Breakage They sell so many of them thats why you see more braekage is because of there are so many If any other Bike company sold that many bike you would see more Warrintys also so sorry but Thats just plain poor on your Part and I have sean Banshees Brake kinds stupid like also talking about Poor and Rocky Mountian They brake more then any other bike MADE

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 17:18 Quote
The bad rep is because Norco used to only make cheap - entry level bikes. In around 90-91 they began to step it up and make serious mountain bikes, but for some reason they have had trouble shedding that "cheap" image.

I would agree with the last statement - the reason you see so many warrenty/breakage issues is because there are so damn many Norco's out there. However, other bikes break too - probably the same percent of total sold as Norco's. But - with less sold (Banshee and Cove come to mind - they probably only sell a fraction of the amount of bikes that Norco does) you hear less stories.

Personally, the people who don't consider buying a Norco because they don't think they are "cool" are missing out on some of the best deals to be had in the industry. IMO that's their problem and their loss. I'll keep my Norco and be happy!

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 17:25 Quote
What is the warranty coverage on Norcos?

I think you hit in on the head regarding the cheap image they ahve back in the day.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 18:49 Quote
quickfinger wrote:
Well its mostly because there geometry sucks and because they do a garbage job building them you see so many norcos busted up huge cracks all over its ridiculous.
Ur kidinng me ??????

HAHAHAHAHAH Bad Geo ...

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 18:56 Quote
there a company that just doesnt sell high end bikes. u can get a 200 dollar bike from them whcih sucks so people think the company is bad just cause they make a few bad bikes

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
norcoandrew wrote:
The bad rep is because Norco used to only make cheap - entry level bikes. In around 90-91 they began to step it up and make serious mountain bikes, but for some reason they have had trouble shedding that "cheap" image.

I would agree with the last statement - the reason you see so many warrenty/breakage issues is because there are so damn many Norco's out there. However, other bikes break too - probably the same percent of total sold as Norco's. But - with less sold (Banshee and Cove come to mind - they probably only sell a fraction of the amount of bikes that Norco does) you hear less stories.

Personally, the people who don't consider buying a Norco because they don't think they are "cool" are missing out on some of the best deals to be had in the industry. IMO that's their problem and their loss. I'll keep my Norco and be happy!

Thank you we Norco Guys should all stick together I love my Norcos I have had lots they Make a Decent Bike for the $$ Sure you can get better but They Break Too and there Warrinty is the Same 5 years Replacement Lifetime Replacement Prorated Witch means they will sell you a new frame For WAY cheaper then NEW and you will get That Model year Or older depending on Stock BUT most of the time you get The new Model Year I went from A 02 4BY4 to an 07 XXXX WITH shoc for $200 plus GST it was a SICK deal they want to make you Happy It take a wile BUT it will be worth The wait Cheers

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 5:11 Quote
I don't own a norco, but as the cheap rep goes, thats not the case in UK they are quite a respected bike, I am def looking to buy one of the 08 six 1 or 2's, with both of these bike rrp around £2000 to £2500 that aint cheap. Norco bike always look excellent value for money and they make some serious machines.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 7:30 Quote
Regarding warranty that is good to hear!!!

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 7:53 Quote
I agree, I have 2 Norcos at the moment and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
The bang you get for the buck is incredible, and the beauty of Norco is that they offer products for every type of rider. Be it newbie, or racer, dirt, street, or commuting.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 10:02 Quote
Slighlt off thread I know, but any one of you ridden the 08 Six yet, just wondering how it handles for up and down hill, trying to find a bike which is aggressive but still can be ridden about e.g. up hills for a period of time. Sorry it is off subject.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 10:10 Quote
IN MY OPINION IT`S BASICALLY COS THEY`RE UGLY. BUT NOW THEY`RE NOT SO UGLY ANYMORE

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 10:20 Quote
hey dude i had the 04 an i loved it itll go up an an then rip down an i did a 14x18foot road gap on it an theres a pic on the site of it in kentvile nova scotia canada

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010126
Mobile Version of Website