Powered by Outside

2016 Canfield Balance

PB Forum :: Other
2016 Canfield Balance
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 7:57 Quote
Couldnt find any threads for Canfield Balance. Any other owners out there yet?

Heres my build
photo

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 9:45 Quote
Nobody else out there?!

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 6:41 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
Nobody else out there?!

Picking mine up tomorrow!

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 7:24 Quote
Tmackstab wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:
Nobody else out there?!

Picking mine up tomorrow!

sweet build it up!

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 14:57 Quote
nice rig, what size is it?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 15:00 Quote
It's an XL. Loving it so far

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
Tmackstab wrote:
It's an XL. Loving it so far

XL here too at 6'4 its fit better and felt more comfortable on the trail and in the air than any bike ive ever rode.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 13:55 Quote
it is my thread! bringing it back to life. normally don't frequent this far down in the forums.
Canfield Balance at Trestle
  Canfield Balance at Trestle
photo

just put on the new xt 11 speed, about to get onyx hubs laced to flow mk3's as soon as i sell my chromag.

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 5:10 Quote
anyone else having issues with their balance frames? in our riding group everyone either has a knolly or a canfield and so far 4 of the 5 balance frames have cracked.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Tmackstab wrote:
What year/model?

I also wonder if everything was within spec for the build (180mm forks were not ok on the 2016 model) or if it was all put together and maintained right.

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 16:58 Quote
adrennan wrote:
Tmackstab wrote:
What year/model?

I also wonder if everything was within spec for the build (180mm forks were not ok on the 2016 model) or if it was all put together and maintained right.

3 1st gen's and 1 second gen. all with 160 forks, one of the guys uses it pretty much for cross country only and the top tube cracked above the weld to the bottom tube, the others have hairline cracks around the shock mount welds and two of them the brace for the rear triangle started to contact the seat tube, idk how you can relate that to poor maintenance?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 17:38 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
adrennan wrote:
Tmackstab wrote:
What year/model?

3 1st gen's and 1 second gen. all with 160 forks, one of the guys uses it pretty much for cross country only and the top tube cracked above the weld to the bottom tube, the others have hairline cracks around the shock mount welds and two of them the brace for the rear triangle started to contact the seat tube, idk how you can relate that to poor maintenance?

So from my experience my XL 1st gen cracked at the top tube seat tube brace. This I chalked up to me being a larger guy and the rear ward leverage was essentially pulling the seat tube away from the top tube if that makes any sense. Also on my first gen it did crack at the shock mount which I also chalked up to frame flex side loading the shock and cracking the mounts free. That being said Canfield was amazing to work with for a warranty so I had no qualms whatsoever. I upgraded to the 2016 and honestly loved that bike, no complaints. The second gen is hitting the seat tube at full compression??

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 18:55 Quote
Tmackstab wrote:
whitebullit wrote:
adrennan wrote:

So from my experience my XL 1st gen cracked at the top tube seat tube brace. This I chalked up to me being a larger guy and the rear ward leverage was essentially pulling the seat tube away from the top tube if that makes any sense. Also on my first gen it did crack at the shock mount which I also chalked up to frame flex side loading the shock and cracking the mounts free. That being said Canfield was amazing to work with for a warranty so I had no qualms whatsoever. I upgraded to the 2016 and honestly loved that bike, no complaints. The second gen is hitting the seat tube at full compression??

yeah it started out as very slight touch at bottom out and worked its to way to denting the seat tube

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.278383
Mobile Version of Website