Powered by Outside

CTV NEWS: Bikerescue.com is a scam.

PB Forum :: Other
CTV NEWS: Bikerescue.com is a scam.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 4:06 Quote
CTV news verified it (no joke.....www.ctvnews.com)

just a warning for future buyers...

He is selling bikes on THIS website !!!! and he is convicted for FRAUD!!!!

personally i think it would be best if he was banned from this website.

what is YOUR opinion????

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 4:51 Quote
Personally I want to hear this guys rebutal(sp).

I mean im all for bannage,but it would be realy cool to get right to the bottom of this.

To all those that bought bikes off this guy,you might want to think twice.

You dont want to be on the receiving end of the deal, if you run into someone that was the previous original owner.

Got my bike back in Whistler,and the poor french guy was out 500 bucks.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 4:53 Quote
yes i would like to hear from him.

hope he replys.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 4:59 Quote
It should be investigated but yes there is reason to suspect fraud when looking at his website then looking at the news report. I feel very bad for anyone who has been robbed of their rides then to have a thief profit off them, for much lower than they are actually worth.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 5:06 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
It should be investigated but yes there is reason to suspect fraud when looking at his website then looking at the news report. I feel very bad for anyone who has been robbed of their rides then to have a thief profit off them, for much lower than they are actually worth.

Ya it sucks.

Some australian dude stole my old beat hardtail up in Whistler,and pawned it off to a french dude for 500 bucks,why anybody would have paid that much for it is beyond me.

If these claims are true though ,I hope he gets jailtime, but knowing our judicial system ,he will get 50 hours of community service.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
made this thread on my other account

and i got banned for it.......

Confused

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
Nevermind, found it.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
Nevermind, found it.

found what?

Mod
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:

Confused
I'm sure you were not banned for that. In fact, I can almost assure you that there was probably something else that caused the banning. Maybe the use of inappropriate language or slander when referring to him or something to that degree?

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080110/BC_BIKE_RESCUE_080110/20080114?hub=Business

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
:
laurie1 wrote:
mini-logo-888 wrote:

Confused
I'm sure you were not banned for that. In fact, I can almost assure you that there was probably something else that caused the banning. Maybe the use of inappropriate language or slander when referring to him or something to that degree?

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080110/BC_BIKE_RESCUE_080110/20080114?hub=Business

Whip

so he's a scammmer because??? i guess i fail to see the scam unless he's actually stealing the bikes. to me it would seem obvious that he would have to move the bikes sometime if no one contacts him...kinda like the animal shelter.

cant help it

look at what the guy did

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
i didn't see that article before...yeah dude sounds pretty shady. he should be doing this completely in conjunction with the police

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
i know eh

thats some shady business

he pm'ed me and only said i should phone him

i shoudlnt give out his number just cuz his phone will go off the hookMad

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
I thought that was the whole idea though?

He looks in the underground and on the blackmarket for stolen bikes.

Not nessacarily legal but i beleieve i read that somewhere and he admitted it. that
$50,00-$1600 seems a bit sketchy to me, but other than that i think hes above board, sort of somewhatish. Confused

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019850
Mobile Version of Website