What is camp fortune like

PB Forum :: Downhill
What is camp fortune like
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
i have been to camp fortune, and i have seen some other hill, camp fortune may be small, but its got tuff runs, tell me what you think

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
i love fortune. its my favourite place to ride. super techy parts which i like more then out open racing. you really got to pick your lines quick it all comes so fast. only downside is theres not really any runs for learners.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
What is it like cause i didn't make the races there last year, so im kinda disadvantaged for this season cause i have no idea what to expect.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
well they completely changed the race course the past yr. the new one had a lot of peddeling at the start to some techy stuff. then more pedelling with a uphill climb. some flowy berms then down to more techy stuff. it was a really good race course. i hated the upper part tho. i would have been way happier if it were on q-cup, the old course. but its a lot more technical then any other o cup races.

just be prepared for a lot of rocks.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
great
ill go slow so i don't scratch my new bike.haha

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:42 Quote
yeah, if the race is on q-cup from what i remember it has more rocks than you would expect in someplaces, if you go slow you might not be able to make it through them.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
yeah
i was joking, im gonna pin it
im not even sure if i can make it there this year either
i need to do some convincing but i have time.
Anyone know the dates for ocup races yet?

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
camp fortune has really nice trails there. anyone can go have alot of fun there and the locals are good riders who know how to build. It is more on the rocky side of things so an 8inch fully would do better there but you could still ride the trails very fast on a shorter travel bike. Camp fortune is alot more mellow downhill riding in the end... but thats only because im comparing it to say bromont and st anne.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
it won best course this yr. did it also win last yr or was it the yr before.
thats pretty good convincing.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
ya thanks for posting, but what fortune like in comparison to other hills, i know its not all the big, but i think its one of the harder hills

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
photo

This is in fortune. I went twice. Its great, but tough for us bigginers. This season, I want to try this. I havent seen many people get it, but I still want to try.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
ummm? thats just a wallride of the side of the trail.... this is fortune.

photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
tommyt wrote:
ummm? thats just a wallride of the side of the trail.... this is fortune.

photo

hah thats one of the tougher places of the course where i took alot of spills

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
thanks, if any one has shots of fortune plz post them

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
Favorite trails at fortune:
Slamander
Quebec cup

awsome Smile I'll be posting some pics soon

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029197
Mobile Version of Website