Powered by Outside

Camp Fortune Discussion/ Woopie another season at Calabogie Peaks !!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Camp Fortune Discussion/ Woopie another season at Calabogie Peaks !!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 8:01 Quote
Hey there everyone. Is everyone ready for this year at Calabogie Peaks. Im sure they'll be adding more trails and stunts this year. Itll probably just as fast this year. Whats your favourite trails, What bike will you be riding at the mountain this year, What do you like about Calabogie? I love Calabogie myself and Cant wait till its open.

Anyways, Cheers

UPDATE: The news is that Calabogie will be ending its Mountain Biking Program. This is unknown why it is happening at this moment in time but when we find out, it will be posted here. Please sign this petion to show your support for this wonderful resort. Save Calabogie Petition. Calabogie needs to be saved. This could give us a small hope that we could save it. Discuss it, think of problems. Do what you can to support this.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
I love Calabogie, but Fortune kicks ass too. My favorite trails are; Redline: best berms in the history of ever, jumps are smooth, too. Pink: I love the tech rocks and roots, plus it has the balls-to-the-walls fast section after the step-down and before the step-up. Red-extension: Nothing overly technical, except that one rock garden 3/4 of the way day, but still super flowy and fun, with some gaps and drops. Orange: Has that really good steep and technical section, and also a bunch of built up hits and gaps. The only downside of 'Bogie is how slow the lift is, it takes way to long to get to the top, I also think they should add more bike hooks to the chairs. Rather than having one hook per 5 chairs, have one hook for every 2 chairs. There would be much less of a line during the busy days. I think they should build a trail that is purely shore features. With step-up to drop bridges, teeters, skinnies, drops, discombobulators and other stuff like that. More bike hooks, speed up the lift, and bridges, hundreds upon hundreds of bridges.

I think I just had a shred-gasm....

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
love calabogieeee! it so sick but not much shore, i would like more ...But camp fortune has some nice trail, love the Q cup drop...

PS: Does anyone know if Calabogie will change there Dirt Jumps and make some more shore... or make there shore trail a little more open and fast with big gaps?

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 15:42 Quote
I did a questionaiire at the end of the year and they were askign what you would like for the next year. Like new dirt jumps, more berms, drops and other such things. I agree the chair lift is quite gay. They should probably speed it up but face it, at least we have a chair lift. I hate fortune as its all rocks. Favorite trail has to be pink with the end section and Reds berms. Blue is awesome to warm up on. Orange is quite neat Cause of that big rock Smile I cant wait to go this year. Dont they have a trail building day normally?

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
I did a questionaiire at the end of the year and they were askign what you would like for the next year. Like new dirt jumps, more berms, drops and other such things. I agree the chair lift is quite gay. They should probably speed it up but face it, at least we have a chair lift. I hate fortune as its all rocks. Favorite trail has to be pink with the end section and Reds berms. Blue is awesome to warm up on. Orange is quite neat Cause of that big rock Smile I cant wait to go this year. Dont they have a trail building day normally?
True that the lift is slow and fortune is tech

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
Hey there everyone. Is everyone ready for this year at Calabogie Peaks. Im sure they'll be adding more trails and stunts this year. Itll probably just as fast this year. Whats your favourite trails, What bike will you be riding at the mountain this year, What do you like about Calabogie? I love Calabogie myself and Cant wait till its open. I especially like the hot blonde that sells the lift tickets Wink

Anyways, Cheers

yea yea calabogie is sweet, favourite trails there are blueline,redline and orange. I'll be riding an 06 shore and from wat i remember i think the hot blond is done working there lol

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 7:41 Quote
Damn cause she was fine.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 7:42 Quote
Calabogie is pretty sweet. It woulde be nice to see a couple of dh races there.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 7:44 Quote
Yeah Im not too sure why they dont have any anymore.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 7:47 Quote
It says on the ontario dh ocup site that calabogie has weddings planned for every weekend so unless the event sponsors can come up with $10 000 there will be no race.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
That must be the price people are paying to have a wedding for the weekend.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
I dont understand why its every weekend? Do you know what the trails would be for each level of rider?

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
norco87 wrote:

OUCH!! yo do any of you guys live in kanata and wanna build some hard coor gaps and stuff...Cuz i think kanata needs some shit...Stupid weddings man...

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
KrisPlusBikeEqualsFUNTIME wrote:
norco87 wrote:

OUCH!! yo do any of you guys live in kanata and wanna build some hard coor gaps and stuff...Cuz i think kanata needs some shit...Stupid weddings man...

I live In Carleton Place and am building Dirt jumps at my house. I would love help Razz .

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010253
Mobile Version of Website