Jesus camp

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
seen it, very disturbing to see the next leaders brainwashed like that

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 23:44 Quote
Wow, Levi sure had some gnarly hair going. Haha. Anyways, that wasn't bad but it is kind of scary though, I don't really know why though... It's just weird how passionate they are about religion, especially at such a young age.

Chom,

Mod
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
Watched it at college last year. It's a poor/weird/biased representation of what most Christian camps/communities are like. That movie left me very disturbed despite the fact that I back Christian camps in general. I wouldn't send my kids there. Something seems wrong about that camp. I really don't know whether to believe that it's real and of God or not. Pretty much everybody in my class felt the same way. It just doesn't come off as good.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
I don't really think they are aiming at christains but more at the mass growing of evangelicals in the past couple decades.

Mod
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
Yeah.. just to the unsuspecting person that knows nothing about religion it could/would appear to represent Christtianity as a whole.

They claim that they made the video unbiased. But every shot of that woman seems to make her seem to look big, bad and scary... But than - maybe she is actually like that.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
Yeah.. just to the unsuspecting person that knows nothing about religion it could/would appear to represent Christtianity as a whole.

They claim that they made the video unbiased. But every shot of that woman seems to make her seem to look big, bad and scary... But than - maybe she is actually like that.

She is big and scary. She wants these kids to be the same as the extreme muslims. (and her view of muslim is way off)

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:

She is big and scary. She wants these kids to be the same as the extreme muslims. (and her view of muslim is way off)
About as far off as the movie's portrayal of christians...

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
bigquotesAbout as far off as the movie's portrayal of christians...

Explain.

It was a neutral movie showing the camp, and an insight into the lives of some of the children in the movie. This isn't a Mike Moore documentary. Here the film-makers have a word about their view on the matter:

http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/haggard_response.html

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 7:04 Quote
Interesting movie, whether or not it can be extrapolated to other camps or Christians in general is less important then the fact (IMO) that people can act like this about their religious views in the US... as long as it's Christianity. I mean, if some other religion was doing this stuff, it would probably be terrorism or some other probably more technical term. Thought I'd add a new angle as I don't know much about Christianity.

Mod
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
jakebrick wrote:
Interesting movie, whether or not it can be extrapolated to other camps or Christians in general is less important then the fact (IMO) that people can act like this about their religious views in the US... as long as it's Christianity. I mean, if some other religion was doing this stuff, it would probably be terrorism or some other probably more technical term. Thought I'd add a new angle as I don't know much about Christianity.

Well the US is still quite a huge Christian country and it was founded by Christians... think back to PLymouth Rock and stuff. So, it would be seen as okay compared to muslims or whatever because the US is considered a Christian Nation to a certain dgree.

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
I agree, and it is defiantly more christian than Canada, so even my views might be different. But it's still not a country where religion and law are tied together, and I just think it's strange how different religions can be viewed so differently as "wierd" or dangerous, when this is happening.

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
People that I talk to may be sick of me saying this... but check this website out.

http://hiddenfromhistory.org/

Christianity has roots in this country that are far worse than Hitler or Hiroshima.
Christianity has Canadian roots steeped in genocide and ethnic cleansing. Both Canada and the United States are born from Religious roots. I almost have a historical respect for Americans because they embrace their hatred and racism. Canadians hide it and have tried to sweep it under the rug.
One Million Indians were taken from their homes and put into concentration camps AKA Indian Residential Schools. In these schools they were beaten for speaking the only language they knew, they were starved, they were tortured and a great deal were sexually assaulted.
One Million Indians. 100,000 dead. 150 years of genocide. The last residential school closed its' doors in 1996. So you can't say that this is ancient history. It happened during all of our lifetimes...
My mom went to residential school. They gave her money for her suffering at the hands of priests. It is nice that the government is taking responsibility for their past, but they do not realize that the money will never dry my mother's tears.

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
Saw that movie when it first came out.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://my247.com.au/247venue_images/8037-2007319-Jesus%20Camp%20Large.jpg
Am I wrong or does that chick running the camp need to ride a bike more often? Am I wrong people? am I wrong? lol.

P.s. Those poor kids, getting the mind F### of their lives.

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
fugger wrote:
People that I talk to may be sick of me saying this... but check this website out.

http://hiddenfromhistory.org/

Christianity has roots in this country that are far worse than Hitler or Hiroshima.
Christianity has Canadian roots steeped in genocide and ethnic cleansing. Both Canada and the United States are born from Religious roots. I almost have a historical respect for Americans because they embrace their hatred and racism. Canadians hide it and have tried to sweep it under the rug.
One Million Indians were taken from their homes and put into concentration camps AKA Indian Residential Schools. In these schools they were beaten for speaking the only language they knew, they were starved, they were tortured and a great deal were sexually assaulted.
One Million Indians. 100,000 dead. 150 years of genocide. The last residential school closed its' doors in 1996. So you can't say that this is ancient history. It happened during all of our lifetimes...
My mom went to residential school. They gave her money for her suffering at the hands of priests. It is nice that the government is taking responsibility for their past, but they do not realize that the money will never dry my mother's tears.

I wouldn't say worse then hitler or Hiroshima, but yeah I've heard a bit about that kind of stuff. As a white Canadian with the tiniest bit of Indian blood in me (like my great great grandma or something) I feel quite bad about it.

Yeah, all this stuff bugs me. It's coming as a natural opposition to radical Islam, which is percieved as the main religious threat for those extreme christians. Fight fire with fire, or so it's said.

I'm ashamed to share my religion with those nuts.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019188
Mobile Version of Website