Powered by Outside

How to boost/jump higher on a gap?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How to boost/jump higher on a gap?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
I have been jumping this gap/double for a while and I am hitting it pretty good and smooth, but not high like my friends are. I am going straight from lip to landing, no arch. My question is: how can I gain more height without over-clearing the landing? My buddies hit it fine and smooth but they are much higher than I am, I’m not fat either.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
Are you crouching and compressing before? Get some of your method up!

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
ok, ill try to crouch more. where should my body postion be on the bike on the take-off, back or forward, shoulder over the handlebars?

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
AustinP wrote:
ok, ill try to crouch more. where should my body postion be on the bike on the take-off, back or forward, shoulder over the handlebars?

Depends on the jump, normally central position before lifting up at the lip. But for a jump that kicks you up, you may need to crouch over the front before lifting up.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
Anyone else have any tips or methods?

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
what i do is right before the lip. i compress my forks a bit, and kinda suck my bike up with my arms,like, in the air, ill pull it up, then ill push down...hard to explain...what i used to do to try andget air at our old djs was to to do a j-hop almotsy

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
Anyone have anymore tips?

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
when in the air suck your bike up towards your body.

well thats what i do.

hope it helps Razz

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
if i know i'm going to be doing a fair amount of jumps on a trail i'll up my fox rebound by 1 click faster/counterclockwise. typically from factory 4 clicks out to 3 clicks.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
lean back when you get to the take off and then lean forewards slightly, not too much or youll die, but a little, should get you higher

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
harder forks= lower

when ur forks are softer i find its easier to go higher
HAVE FUN!!!tup

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
cram the big into the face explode off lip pull bike into you for more air

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009501
Mobile Version of Website