MOD

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
What is a MOD. I noticed that some users have that under their display pictures, when they post something in the forums. I am sort of new to the site, and I always wondered what it meant. Thanks.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
It means Moderators. They kinda control the forums and have special powers.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
stp-2 wrote:
It means Moderators. They kinda control the forums and have special powers.

well said. It means they can ban people for writing stupid posts, delete threads, lock threads, act better than everyone tup , etc. Hope this helps

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
How do they get to be MOD, anywaise. I think its good to have these kinds of people, so the site can be controlled and stay clean and all... But I'm just wondering.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
theyve normally been users of the site for a while. They dont write a whole lot of dumb posts, and they devote a lot of hours to the site. Theyre normally very knowledgable about bikes, and well ya. I think that covers the majority of reasons

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
Jocool wrote:
What is a MOD. I noticed that some users have that under their display pictures, when they post something in the forums. I am sort of new to the site, and I always wondered what it meant. Thanks.
It means that we pwn you all!11!111!!!!!

But really as mentioned we are the ones that are in "control" of the site. We get rid of all the garbage, get rid of the idiots, and just overall try to keep the activity on the site positive.

A list of all the Mods, Admins, and Staff of PB can be found here.

Mod
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
You mean MOD doesn't stand for member of the day? On a serious note, it's what everyone else is saying it is.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
Jocool wrote:

and despite what you may think... laurie is in fact not the coolest or most popular mod Wink

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
Jocool wrote:

and despite what you may think... laurie is in fact not the coolest or most popular mod Wink

I am! After mack of course.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
By the way, how do you guys get to be MOD's??

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
Jocool wrote:
By the way, how do you guys get to be MOD's??

They get picked... because they don't ask how to be a Mod

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
HAHAHA very funny!!!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010561
Mobile Version of Website