Whats the worst deal your local bike shop has ever given you?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats the worst deal your local bike shop has ever given you?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
mine was a rear tire for $60Eek

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
Are you kidding me, your 35 and $60 is a rip of for a tire??? Change your age to what it actually is so you don't look like a tool in the forums... I can't imagine what you would think if you bought a $1000 crankset.

MITCH

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
when they told me i needed more parts for my old bike when i didnt, i needed like a new draileur and he said i needed a bunch of other stuff, without looking at my bike

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
A long time ago when I got a new fork for my bike and they swapped it, they didn't give me my old fork.... I had to ask for my old fork back Thumbs Down

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
mitcht wrote:
Are you kidding me, your 35 and $60 is a rip of for a tire??? Change your age to what t actually is so you don't look like a tool in the forums... I can't imagine what you would think if you bought a $1000 crankset.

MITCH

happy 14 ( no job)

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
Really Mad So I got a flat a long way away from my house, and I was near a bike shop. So I asked how much it would cost to change the tube. He wanted to charge me $18 to change a flat on a bmx. So I just left. I had to have my dad pick me up. grrr.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
jefo wrote:
So I got a flat a long way away from my house, and I was near a bike shop. So I asked how much it would cost to change the tube. He wanted to charge me $18 to change a flat on a bmx. So I just left. I had to have my dad pick me up. grrr.

for me its 20Evil

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
i got charged 110 to put a new derailer on my old hardrock ss

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
them telling me that it was 25 bucks for my break to be bled when i could of gone to the shop i go to all them time for 10 dolars

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
I know it's expensive 'cause I work in a shop
but stop bitching and learn to do it yourself
I've been working on my own bike since I started and I know kids who are 13 and 14 who could out tech some of the guys I work with. So age isn't an issue here.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
£20($40) for a bottom bracket swap.had cranks off before hand .just lost my tool so went to shop.kept old bb tooCry got it back few days later when i ask for it.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
them telling me that it was 25 bucks for my break to be bled when i could of gone to the shop i go to all them time for 10 dolars
With spelling like that, I would try and rip you off too as you would probably fall for it. In Calgary, to bleed a brake, it is about $25. That is a pretty standard number within a couple of dollars from shop to shop but for the most part, it is around that.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
jefo wrote:
Really Mad So I got a flat a long way away from my house, and I was near a bike shop. So I asked how much it would cost to change the tube. He wanted to charge me $18 to change a flat on a bmx. So I just left. I had to have my dad pick me up. grrr.
ya same thing hsappened to my but this bike shop put thorns right out front the door i roolled by and get a flat thats their scheme they wanted 20 bucks to fix had to get a ride

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
10 bucks for a new tube, 35 for a seatpost.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
just under a fiver for aload of caliper spacers (i needed them now) the shop i normally go to gives me them for free but a fair commute away

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010863
Mobile Version of Website