Powered by Outside

2017 Sworks Enduro

PB Forum :: Specialized
2017 Sworks Enduro
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 4:34 Quote
Can anyone tell me if the FoxFloat x2 will work on the new Enduro?
Thank you!

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 6:40 Quote
It's the same 216 x 57mm shock length and stroke as before so it should work fine.

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 4:16 Quote
From what Im understanding specialized changed the way the shock mounts to the bike,Fox is suposed to release a shock some time soon...

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 6:51 Quote
Not Really.
photo
It's the same Square mount as before on the bottom of the shock:
photo
The top of the shock has smaller spacers. It's about 3mm narrower than the old enduro. The only thing you'd have to find is the right shock bushing/spacer width.
photo
photo

Top of the stock Ohlins shock.
Inner half of the bushing. 19mm wide.
Washers 1.5 mm wide can change based on the eyelet width on your shock.

What has changed a lot is the linkages between the frame and rear end. The shock link and extension are very different. Meaning you cannot put a MY17 rear end on a MY16 and back enduro. But the shock itself is the same, minus the narrower inner bushing/spacers. If you can find me the top eyelet width and diameter on the X2 I can measure the stock ohlins (or Rockshox if that's what you have) shock and see if it works.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 18:08 Quote
Thank you, thats what I just found out yesterday. I have the Ohlins shock and been having issues. So rockshox has the bushing to put the Monarch 3 on the bike....Unfortunatly fox has problems with the recall and wont give any info when they will make the fix to the X2....I need a shock now so going with Monarch.....

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 7:42 Quote
You should be able to get that Ohlins serviced at specialized. I'm guessing it's leaking air? Which is a common issue with these shocks. Take it back into your retailer and specialized will service it. Of course the Rockshox will be super reliable, also think about the ohlins coil. The Ohlins issues are all from the aircan, the coil shocks are solid and do pretty wonderful things on a enduro!

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 18:54 Quote
Yes, they rebuilt it twice. And now they are swapping it out for me. I paid to much for a Sworks to deal with a shock 2 times in month in half...They offered the swap out,which was great in my opinion..

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 9:46 Quote
nbfreak2 wrote:
From what Im understanding specialized changed the way the shock mounts to the bike,Fox is suposed to release a shock some time soon...
Where did you hear that? And which shock, float x. . . X2?

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 4:16 Quote
MX298 wrote:
nbfreak2 wrote:
Where did you hear that? And which shock, float x. . . X2?

They changed the bushing where shock mounts to the top of frame, yes was waiting on fox X2 to be updated for 2017.

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 9:03 Quote
OK, can deal with bushing but Fox has had our X2 enduro shock since august !

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
Would love to see if anyone has done this yet!

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 23:47 Quote
Got a X2 on my son's 2017 Enduro. Specialized changed the frame mount from 22mm to 19mm. Their proprietary strut mount is the same. Pretty common sizes.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2017 at 12:29 Quote
Hey Folks!

Anyone know which of these to order to fit a 2017 Enduro?

http://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-Shox-Polymer-Du-Bushing-Reducer-Kit

Is 8mm x 19.05 the correct size?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 13:15 Quote
Which shock? I used the alloy reducer on our X2. (21.84 - 19.05) #803-03-163 I believe. Got a "17" RockShox Monarch Plus to fit my "14" frame, it's better then a fox float X.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019028
Mobile Version of Website