Powered by Outside

Whats everyone got against transition?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Whats everyone got against transition?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
ive heard so many people sayin shit about transition, whats so bad?

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
2 many of them, and nothing new in terms of technology.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
They got cool really fast, so there are so many of them. In my opinion, who cares, there is a reason so many people like them.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
spag wrote:
2 many of them, and nothing new in terms of technology.
they dont have enough money yet to rly do that. theye still pretty small

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
People are hating transition because people are lame. It's not because so many people have them, because there are way bigger companies. It's not because of technology, because many companies don't have any new technology. It's because the company is so cool and people caught on to that, and everyone who couldn't go out and get a new Bottlerocket decided they'd better fight the tide.

Transition isn't perfect but I've yet to find any other company that is so in touch and does such a good job meeting the wants and needs of the freeride world. Funny thing is, that's why people are hatin'.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
But really how many of the people who hate transition actually rode one? They feel amazing i would love to have one, my friends have them and they are soo nice and smooth

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
scaliwag wrote:
People are hating transition because people are lame. It's not because so many people have them, because there are way bigger companies. It's not because of technology, because many companies don't have any new technology. It's because the company is so cool and people caught on to that, and everyone who couldn't go out and get a new Bottlerocket decided they'd better fight the tide.

Transition isn't perfect but I've yet to find any other company that is so in touch and does such a good job meeting the wants and needs of the freeride world. Funny thing is, that's why people are hatin'.

Not at all. They are overpriced single pivots. The price you're paying for the frame $1500+, you should be getting a better suspension deign than what Transition offers. It's a simple as that. I'd much rather get a Giant Reign or an IH 7point because they have better suspension technology.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
how many ppl have ridden a transition then ridden a good bike?. transition is an amazing company but u cant compare then with other companies. i think the reason they are so popular is because they ride better then most mainstream brands and are priced about the same. no as high priced as some of the more exotic and expensive brands

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
"better suspension design" is a matter of opinion. You can't say they're no good for anyone just because of single pivot. There are all kinds of positives and negatives to all the different suspension designs. And it's not like there's a gang of cheaper single pivot frames out there.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
no there are good single pivots, but the one that transition uses is bad, there are better systems of shock placement and such

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
spag wrote:
no there are good single pivots, but the one that transition uses is bad, there are better systems of shock placement and such

Exactly, i know a few people that have had a bottle rocket and hate how it feels. They bought the bike because, well 87% of pinkbike has one and they wanted to be cool. I personally hate the feel of the bottle rocket, i wish it was smoother, and absorbed more of everything. I understand its not a big travel bike but its not the smoothest 5" bike for sure.. I have nothing against transition, there a great rider-owned company and make nice bikes. The Preston FR is also a really sick bike.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
scaliwag wrote:

Not at all. They are overpriced single pivots. The price you're paying for the frame $1500+, you should be getting a better suspension deign than what Transition offers. It's a simple as that. I'd much rather get a Giant Reign or an IH 7point because they have better suspension technology.
if ur refering to a b-rock frame, its not 1500 bud

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
transition stole my ex-girlfriend

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
if ur refering to a b-rock frame, its not 1500 bud

Ok, the BR is $1,322 + Tax, the Blindside is $1,500+

This thread is about TRANSITION, not just the BR

Madder

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
forgottenfreerider wrote:
spag wrote:

Exactly, i know a few people that have had a bottle rocket and hate how it feels. They bought the bike because, well 87% of pinkbike has one and they wanted to be cool. I personally hate the feel of the bottle rocket, i wish it was smoother, and absorbed more of everything. I understand its not a big travel bike but its not the smoothest 5" bike for sure.. I have nothing against transition, there a great rider-owned company and make nice bikes. The Preston FR is also a really sick bike.
dude haha, not 87% of PB has a bottlerocket. i live in Northwest washiongton (home of transition) so we get ALOT of transition riders. i am yet to meet someone that doesnt like their bottlerocket. i rode my friends bottlerocket down dirtmerchant and it absorbed plenty. if you want a bike to absord more, get a different bike. the bottlerocket isnt for everyone, and if its not for you, dont hate it. and noone seems to have an opinion on blindsides. i have one. wt are the opinions??

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011008
Mobile Version of Website