Powered by Outside

What are the best mechanical discs!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What are the best mechanical discs!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 21:11 Quote
I have v-brakes on my street bike and am wondering what are the best mechanical discs?

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 21:12 Quote
I would say the Avid BB7, i would choose those over an avid Jucy 3, hayes sole or any other mechanical out there.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 21:37 Quote
i think ur gona find bb7 will make up majority if not all ur responces here

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 21:47 Quote
as hodges said.. theres another company (slipped my mind at the moment) that have to moving pistons like a hydro unlike mechs that push one pad into the other. Bengal may be something to check out as well.
also keep in mine cable, housing, lever, and set up have a big effect. for instance I've seen HMX-4's work way better then a BB7.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 21:49 Quote
BB7's no doubt. I run them on my DH rig even though I have some nice hayes hydro's.

They are AMWESOME!

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 21:55 Quote
thnx for the help. i guess there is only one choice lol

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 22:05 Quote
Still running BB7's with 8 inch rotors on my hardtail freeride rig. lots of grab.

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 1:04 Quote
This is a trick question right.. oh I know! the answer is no Mechanical disk brake is good! rofl cakes?

BB7 prob the best (no sarcasm)

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 7:43 Quote
Rolleyes anyways..... the BB7's are great mechanical breaks, i have them myself and i could never go back to anything else. Im sure you'll enjoy them as much as we all doSmile

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 8:12 Quote
jonlake wrote:
as hodges said.. theres another company (slipped my mind at the moment) that have to moving pistons like a hydro unlike mechs that push one pad into the other. Bengal may be something to check out as well.
also keep in mine cable, housing, lever, and set up have a big effect. for instance I've seen HMX-4's work way better then a BB7.

I think the company you're thinking of is Grimeca, they have "hydromechanical" brakes
http://www.grimeca.it/eng/freni/idromeccanici_s_4.htm here's a link to one of them.
I couldn't find any reviews on mtbr.com but they look like a solid design, theyre probably a bit more pricey than a bb7 though.

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 8:36 Quote
BB7's are the best mechanical brake out there. i've got one on the rear of my rig

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 8:50 Quote
BB7
they are the BEST

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 9:11 Quote
I tried mech brakes but went back to hydro... anyway bb7's are the best bang for the buck.

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 12:22 Quote
I've had 2 sets of BB7s, one when the first came out and then I bought another set last year. I wouldn't consider any other mechanical brake, especially the Hayes.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.065232
Mobile Version of Website