Powered by Outside

what's with all the bad toward Stinkys

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
what's with all the bad toward Stinkys
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
why dose every one, mostly, always say that stinkys suck!!??
they must be good bikes because whistler and other mountains use for rental bikes?.
so please explain your resoning for the hate/dislike, and if you like stinkys i would like your input?

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
There ass ugly and the design has been the same since Kona started!

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
I like them because theyre cheap, I dont like them because all the Groms have them... go figure...

I think they use the same suspension design because it works well and isnt too complicated.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
They have a poor suspension design. They use bushings that wear out and are hard to replace when they do. (True story) They're ugly, the part spec sucks, you pay for a name (which is made overseas anyways)(Not that its always a bad thing, but still), and your money could get you MUCH more bike elsewhere. Other then that, they're great.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 23:12 Quote
dont get into this cmon

there have been so many threads dedicated to this very same topic so if you want to read what people think about a bike use the search tool

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
I like them because theyre cheap, I dont like them because all the Groms have them... go figure...

I think they use the same suspension design because it works well and isnt too complicated.
Stinkys aren't cheap and there suspension works like crap. But thats my opinion.

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
la115 wrote:
why dose every one, mostly, always say that stinkys suck!!??
they must be good bikes because whistler and other mountains use for rental bikes?.
so please explain your resoning for the hate/dislike, and if you like stinkys i would like your input?
All Konas suck even there hard tails

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
Wow... someone is biased... got any reasons they suck so bad?

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
I know eh, the suspension cant be that bad because of all the pros using that kind of suspension on kona,, i think you need to back up your responses , and i hink the 06 07 stinky look sweet, and really nice if u buy some good parts

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
I dont hate the stinky, but I have developed a dislike for them ever since mine split in two and landed me in the hospital. Im not gonna lie, I love the way the stinky felt in the air. It was balance, it was predictable. The reasons why I dislike them is that they come with the worst specs money can buy(at least for the base model stinky). I spent more money fixing and replacing parts than the bike cost itself. Another thing that I didnt like about it was the quality control. My stinky broke all the way around the weld that connected the headtube to the downtube and toptube.

And those are my 2 main reasons.

~Mark

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
the stinkys dont suck really there a fun bike. There just a starter bike and once people progress they realize the flaws about the bike and why others would be better for them. There a good stepping stone for progression thats for sure.

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
...because people have nothing better to do with their time than squabble over bikes they dont even own half the time.

Come on guys, give it a rest with the Kona/Norco/generic type bike hate.

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
stinkys r sik but most people dont like them because everyone has one

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
i can replace the bearings and bushings in a stinky with my eyes close... its not that hard.

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
Yes I do every component behind the rear shock will break fall off or wear out. And you know somethings crap when you 3 DIFERENT bikes (same model) out for test rides and they all come back with the same problems. Bearings in different places just pretty much FALL out.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018064
Mobile Version of Website