manitou circus expert & r7pro steerer problem

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
manitou circus expert & r7pro steerer problem
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 21:38 Quote
hey fellas, just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem as me

i bought a pair of manitou r7 pro forks and rode to work and back on them for about a week, every time i would jump a curb or anything like that i would hear a creak noise when i land then my headset would be loose, so i would tighten it and it would be fine untill the same thing would happen again. after 5 or so times i thought i would have a look to see what the go is and noticed the steerer tube has pulled out of the crown nearly 5mm.

i thought my mistake for not researching and buying a race specific fork instead of a dirt jump specific fork, so i wrote that pair off and bought a pair of 2017 circus expert forks, put them on yesterday and went for a ride, all is good for about 30 minutes then the exact same thing happened again, big creak noise when i landed and headset was loose. i took notice where the steerer tube sat in the crown when i first got them out of the box and it was just proud of the crown, now its sitting just under it so the same thing is starting to happen. i have pictures of the r7 pro because i let it go for long enough you can physically see where its moved but the circus is only in the early stages yet so cant see anything in pictures.

has this happened to anybody else?

can anyone link me to a store that has the marzocchi 55 slope forks in stock, or is there another 100mm or 120mm fork available with the equivalent strength to the 55 slopes?

i should mention im running the 1 1/8 straight steerer, the next pair i buy il get the 1.5 tapered version and a new frame to suit.

how much stronger is the 1.5 tapered steerer compared to the 1 1/8 straight? thankyou in advance, any help will be much appreciated im stuck at the moment not sure what to do, cheers

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 7:29 Quote
Never heard of it myself, but im going to go check my Circus expert now, I keep feeling like my headset is loose.. haven't had any creeks, but a couple of loud, unexplained pops..

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 21:08 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
Never heard of it myself, but im going to go check my Circus expert now, I keep feeling like my headset is loose.. haven't had any creeks, but a couple of loud, unexplained pops..

yeah thats the noise it makes.. like a crack/creak/pop noise. if your headset keeps coming loose definitely keep an eye the bottom of the steerer where its pressed into the crown. wish i knew how to post pictures

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
nsdecade wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:

yeah thats the noise it makes.. like a crack/creak/pop noise. if your headset keeps coming loose definitely keep an eye the bottom of the steerer where its pressed into the crown. wish i knew how to post pictures

You have to use the desktop verson of the site to post pics, the easiest way I've found is UL them to your profile and use the PB link (all in desktop verson) it's a f*ckbitch to post pics regardless

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 3:03 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
nsdecade wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:

You have to use the desktop verson of the site to post pics, the easiest way I've found is UL them to your profile and use the PB link (all in desktop verson) it's a f*ckbitch to post pics regardless

Cheers man il try that, hopefully it works lol

photo

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 3:07 Quote
it did work shit yeah

photo

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 11:21 Quote
Hell yeah, it's a bitch rite!

And shit I definitely need to look at my fork now

Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 3:20 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
Hell yeah, it's a bitch rite!

And shit I definitely need to look at my fork now

yeah my circus forks are definitely doing the same thing, headset has came loose a few times over the last week. i bought another pair of circus forks but the 1.5 tapered version this time, and a new frame so hopefully once they get here i wont have any more problems. with any luck

Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 6:58 Quote
Checked mine, seems to be alright..
photo

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 23:11 Quote
yours look all good man sitting just proud like mine were when i first got them. notice how mine sit in a bit now

photo

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 23:13 Quote
pic of my new rig aswell Big Grin

photo

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
perhaps if you ride and jump with a bit play in the direction can happen this problem .

kind regards and luck !

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 19:46 Quote
Screeching-Weasel wrote:
perhaps if you ride and jump with a bit play in the direction can happen this problem .

kind regards and luck !

thanks mate, i ride straight home and tighten it again when it comes loose though

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 18:46 Quote
I have circus expert 2017 they do the same sh*t
Any time I go for 180 or flat ground 360 it creaks and it's annoying as hell I like a silent tight bike

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 18:47 Quote
I'm calling manitou !!!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017110
Mobile Version of Website