Canyon torque

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 18:55 Quote
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have a canyon torque 2018 and I wanted to know how well it pedals. It is obviously a freeride bike with 180mm of travel and its not going to climb as well as other bikes but I want to know how hard is it to climb it. I am looking to get one later on and I am more into downhill so I want a bike like that but also want something that can get me to the top of the trail. If you don't have one share your thoughts anyway.

Cheers,

Ben MacNamara

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 22:44 Quote
I was considering it and I think it climbs quite good due to suspension design but eventually Ive ordered new Capra due to a bit better price/setup ratio and imho better geometry. However Im still considering Torque as an alternative if my relationship with Capra won't work Wink

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 1:08 Quote
I drove the top model Torque when I visited Germany.

It was REALLY pedal friendly. I was really surprised how sensitive it was on flat ground.

It pedals way more like Spectral than Sender. Even compared to top model 2018 Strive, in my opinion Torque was better accelerating and definitely more playfull bike.

major minus for me is the lack of bottle cage mounts.

I got pretty specific thoughts, tech info and riding experiences about the Torque. Just ask if you want to know something more specifically

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 0:59 Quote
Ok thank you for your thoughts

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 6:29 Quote
munakorva wrote:

It was REALLY pedal friendly. I was really surprised how sensitive it was on flat ground.

It pedals way more like Spectral than Sender. Even compared to top model 2018 Strive, in my opinion Torque was better accelerating and definitely more playfull bike.

I got pretty specific thoughts, tech info and riding experiences about the Torque. Just ask if you want to know something more specifically
Were you also able to a YT Capra? If so how do they compare?

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 20:22 Quote
Anyone riding these? Would like some feedback if possible? Looking to get one but there isn't much info out there from everyday riders

O+
Posted: May 1, 2018 at 13:42 Quote
fnk wrote:
I was considering it and I think it climbs quite good due to suspension design but eventually Ive ordered new Capra due to a bit better price/setup ratio and imho better geometry. However Im still considering Torque as an alternative if my relationship with Capra won't work Wink
Hi fnk, I know you got your Capra, I'm looking at the Capra and the torque, and will be demoing both bikes soon. I thought the geometries were very similar tho? What geometry do you prefer on the Capra, cheers!

O+
Posted: May 12, 2018 at 20:34 Quote
No direct input but just bought new '18 Spectral and Capra. Spectral has a more supple suspension and feel I'm faster on it. I was thinking of going with the Torque over Capra but value and availability pushed me to the Capra. If the Torque rides as good as the Spectral I would have went Torque even with lower spec for price.

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 7:51 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure I want a CF Torque to replace my soon to be sold Swoop, but I don't know which : CF8 or CF9.

On the CF8, I love RS stuff, non eagle GX is okay, E1700 seems okay too.

The thing is, for 500 euros more, GX eagle, EX1501 and fox suspension looks like a good move, considering I'll be using it also as a (huge) trail bike and it'll be my only mtb.

Is the range and the better wheels (and the X2 is nice too) enough to justify the increased price ?

I can go 500 bucks more, but obviously it's a lot of money for maybe minor improvements...

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 3:14 Quote
Hi there!
i own a strive alu 2017 and thinking of upgrading to a torque. I was also afraid of pedaling difficulties.
Is it that more heavy than the strive? Any comparison with it, in terms of climbing, descending, agile?

munakorva wrote:

Posted: May 18, 2018 at 2:26 Quote
Yeah I'm keen to hear comparison between the Capra and the Torque. Really having trouble deciding between the 2. I guess both will fit the bill.

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 17:27 Quote
munakorva wrote:

Also very keen to hear how the Torque climbs and rides generally, in-particular how it would perform on big enduro days were there are no uplifts. I'm upgrading soon and on the fence between the Capra and Torque. The Canyon ticks all the boxes for me, but rider experiences, in particular climbing efficiency, is hard to find. The Capra is pretty close too, I just wish it had wider rims for the WT tires.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 22:31 Quote
snype wrote:
Yeah I'm keen to hear comparison between the Capra and the Torque. Really having trouble deciding between the 2. I guess both will fit the bill.

I've ridden the 2018 AL Comp and it climbs way better than expected for a bike that's numbers make it look like a freeride bike.

I've got a 2011 specialized enduro 160/160 and it climb equal or better than it.

I'm also stuck between a torque and capra (although most capras are now Nov delivery so may aswell hold out for 2019 model)

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/full-suspension-bikes/canyon-torque-cf-8-0-review

New review just dropped... Seems good.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2018 at 8:58 Quote
tkdbboy wrote:
snype wrote:

I've ridden the 2018 AL Comp and it climbs way better than expected for a bike that's numbers make it look like a freeride bike.

I've got a 2011 specialized enduro 160/160 and it climb equal or better than it.

I'm also stuck between a torque and capra (although most capras are now Nov delivery so may aswell hold out for 2019 model)
Do you mean you've ridden the Capra or torque Al comp?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009848
Mobile Version of Website