Powered by Outside

General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 7:03 Quote
For the time being we can keep all Guerrilla Gravity discussion in this one thread.

Once it starts to get traction I'll make separate threads for the different bikes.

Ask questions, share stories, be awesome. #rideGG

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 8:39 Quote
So what are all the shock and seatstay options got the different variations?

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 15:29 Quote
adrennan wrote:

All the party, all the time.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 9:20 Quote
adrennan wrote:

1. megatrail (rear shock 230 x 65)
2. Shred dog (rear shock 230x57.5)
3. The smash (rear shock 230 x 57.5)

all three share the same front triangle. but you can switch out the rear triangle of a mega/ shred dog and you will have the frame of a Smash.

there might be more options but asking the guys at the shredshed would be more knowledgeable so give them a call.

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 9:53 Quote
2zmtnz wrote:
adrennan wrote:

1. megatrail (rear shock 230 x 65)
2. Shred dog (rear shock 230x57.5)
3. The smash (rear shock 230 x 57.5)

all three share the same front triangle. but you can switch out the rear triangle of a mega/ shred dog and you will have the frame of a Smash.

there might be more options but asking the guys at the shredshed would be more knowledgeable so give them a call.

The Smash uses different seatstays to correct the BB height with the 29er wheels.

The Meat Pistol is a fun hack with running 29er wheels on a Shred Dogg which results in a slightly taller BB height for technical climbs. We definitely recommend limiting the rear tire to a 29x2.3 if you're using this as it gets very close to the seat-tube at full bottom-out.

The Jimmy! is throwing 26" wheels on a Shred Dogg with an Angleset to steepen the head-tube angle so you can run the bike in Gravity mode all the time for a ton of fun in the bike park. But I think he's the only one running that since it lowers the BB a ton.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 23:20 Quote
So shred dog and mega trail are the same bike just different shocks? This is the combo I am interested in. I have a push shock already but would be fun to drop a pound and shorten travel to have a totally different bike for xc days

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
adrennan wrote:
So shred dog and mega trail are the same bike just different shocks? This is the combo I am interested in. I have a push shock already but would be fun to drop a pound and shorten travel to have a totally different bike for xc days

I am also interested in the Shred Dog. Every so now and again, I think naa the Mega Trail. But the Shred Dog is still what I am aiming for.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 3:27 Quote
Why not both? All you need is a different shock if I understand it? Maybe a different seat stay?

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
adrennan wrote:
Why not both? All you need is a different shock if I understand it? Maybe a different seat stay?

just a different shock (shorter stroke length, but same eye to eye length) no change in seat stays needed(that is for changing megas/shreddogs to a SMASH)

unless you are running a 160mm fork I would also think about the possibilities of a second fork (150mm would be a good length for a shred dog)

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 0:46 Quote
2zmtnz wrote:
adrennan wrote:

just a different shock (shorter stroke length, but same eye to eye length) no change in seat stays needed(that is for changing megas/shreddogs to a SMASH)

unless you are running a 160mm fork I would also think about the possibilities of a second fork (150mm would be a good length for a shred dog)

Thats exactly what I am thinking. A 150mm fork on a SD would be sufficient. Would love to run a coil shock though.

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 10:53 Quote
adrennan wrote:

Correct on the different shock.

Megatrails are normally set up with 170-180mm forks and a 230x65 metric shock.

Shred Doggs are normally set up with 150mm forks and a 230x57.5 metric shock.

Most of the riders who want to switch back and forth between both shocks will build their bike with a 160mm fork and then you get to choose whether you want Megatrail or Shred Dogg decals on your bike.

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 12:17 Quote
So would that then be a mega trail frame with the 230x65 metric shock and a 160mm fork?

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 15:08 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
So would that then be a mega trail frame with the 230x65 metric shock and a 160mm fork?

That would be a Megatrail with the 230x65 shock.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
Would it be too weird to rock 170mm on a shred Dogg up front? This is where dual position forks would be ideal but they are never as nice

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
hahaha, I am confused now, megatrail or shreddog, luckily I still have time to decide.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010469
Mobile Version of Website