Powered by Outside

RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 13:38 Quote
Place to post your photos, questions and general info about the RSD Middle Child AM Hardtail.

2018 RSD Middle Child

So far, the best hardtail I've ever had and maybe the funnest bike in my shed.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 6:35 Quote
Looks sick!

Can you fit 29s on that thing?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 10:35 Quote
skerby wrote:
Looks sick!

Can you fit 29s on that thing?

My friend runs his with 29 x 2.6, so yeah! haha. I like the smaller wheels. That pic is actually from the press release, here's my latest iteration:

photo

Loving it with 2.6 / 27.5

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
photo

Sweetest bike I have owned and I’ve owned quite a few. Mega confident descender and really competent climber!

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
Yeah!! Welcome to the club.

The climbing prowess is impressive, for sure.

Can't wait till this turns into a shiny titanium frame..

photo

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
How in the fu&$i*%g world did you do this Alex. The Middle Child is literally the best jumping trail bike I have ever ridden... and the most capable climbing bike I have ever owned.. heavy steel frame.. 64.5 head angle .. best climber? Flickable and stable in the air?

I have cleared tech climbs on this bike that I wasn’t able to clear on my 21lb XC bike... comfort hitting bigger booters has increased more in the past month than previous 30 years.

Bravo RSD...

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
haha, yeah, she can climb super well.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
The confidence of this geo is really something .. I’m killing jump lines and gaps I could never build up the courage to hit.. and I’m hitting them with style and composure... weirdness

JesseE wrote:

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
r-a-w wrote:
The confidence of this geo is really something .. I’m killing jump lines and gaps I could never build up the courage to hit.. and I’m hitting them with style and composure... weirdness

JesseE wrote:

People always go on about a bike going up like an xc bike and going down like a dh bike as being the holy grail, but for me, this bike climbs like goat but descends like a dirt jumper haha. I have my rear wheel set to the shortest and run 2.6s and the bike wants to pop off everything. It's so easy to get air. I also have the ti one now, which takes all the goodness of the steel and enhances it. Funnest bike.

RSD Middlechild Ti
RSD Middlechild Ti - Back 3 4

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
Great idea starting this thread JesseE!

I bought my Middlechild frame about 15 months ago. Initially built her up as a 29er front and rear, but last spring my rear hub internals disintegrated and the hub/wheel wasn't worth rebuilding. Been on a 27.5 rear with a 2.8 tire since then. Although this is not conventional having a wider tire on the rear (front is 29 x 2.5) I am really liking this set up. It seems to provide extra grip for techy climbs and a little more cushion for the chunky downhill gnar that I typically ride.

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
Any one got pics of a XL frame

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
toughchoices wrote:
Great idea starting this thread JesseE!

I bought my Middlechild frame about 15 months ago. Initially built her up as a 29er front and rear, but last spring my rear hub internals disintegrated and the hub/wheel wasn't worth rebuilding. Been on a 27.5 rear with a 2.8 tire since then. Although this is not conventional having a wider tire on the rear (front is 29 x 2.5) I am really liking this set up. It seems to provide extra grip for techy climbs and a little more cushion for the chunky downhill gnar that I typically ride.

The Children must unite!

I've been curious about how this would ride as a mullet. Fatter tire on the back is definitely a logical choice for comfort & traction on a hardtail. I only run 2.6 27.5s on mine and find that plenty of cushion for a hardtail, at least on smoother trails. Get your mullet up here!

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
mr-winks wrote:
Any one got pics of a XL frame

Nope, but if you go to instagram you can probably track one down.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 15:46 Quote
photo

I’m back baby, I’m back!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020104
Mobile Version of Website