Powered by Outside

Seriously Annoying Problem!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Seriously Annoying Problem!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
my 1/2 link chain keeps stretching every time i tighten it with a tensioner...and it stretches after a few pedal...it cant be the tensioner as i titghten it super hard...wtf`s the problem and what can i do???

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
Take out some links and see how it is? Usually have to remove a link or two after a new chain anyway.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
kk ill try to remove tensioner along the way.... i odnt agree on new chain as this one is flippin new!

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
Why are you getting rid of the tensioner?

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 9:54 Quote
Joeyy wrote:

Because tensioners are greasy, I hate mine.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
Joeyy wrote:

Because tensioners are greasy, I hate mine.

hehe yer...they freakin mess your chain up bad...they grease from nothing...anyways i will try and remove it cause ill take a few links out and it should be ok...! but wont it stretch more ? i got told it will keep stretching and eventually snap when its only a few weeks old chain...wtf?!!Very confused Very confused Very confused Really Mad

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
Halflinks are known to stretch and kink really easy. I'd go with a normal chain, and put one halfink in it to fit, and take off the tensioner.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
well i jsut got this new chain..no point really!

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
Well if its a spring tenioner.your not supposed to tighten it that much because as soon as you pedal the tensioner moves and then your chain will be slack..its not stretching,the tensioner just moves and then your chain doesnt tension properly.Tighten the bolt on your tensioner so it can move but still springs back when you pull it.This is atleast what I think is your problem,but I could be wrong..

Kyle

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
what kind of tensioner?

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
no i think mines one were you have to adjust what your hands...so if i undo it a lil it will just hang and my chain will get caught in my trousers...:P

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
a dmr one look on my profile it has a pic of my ss setup..its a pain to sort it out!
for once i wish i could ride without worrying about that crap..

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
which half link chain?

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 23:35 Quote
kajtek007 wrote:
which half link chain?

the gusset slink...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008785
Mobile Version of Website