Powered by Outside

Shipping bikes across canada

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Shipping bikes across canada
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Sorry if this isn't the area, was wondering what the best way to ship a bike is? And rough cost to across Canada And also best way to receive $ to assure you're not ripped off?

Thx

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
Try Canpar. Often under $100. Never had an issue with damage thus far.

Others are waaay too expensive.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
konafella wrote:
Try Canpar. Often under $100. Never had an issue with damage thus far.

Others are waaay too expensive.

Just to bump this old thread..

I did the online quote for Canpar and it came out to $171.

Anyone else have any cheaper options?

Planned on using greyhound, but because of COVID, they aren't operating across the country

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 22:07 Quote
Did you find anything better @Basketcase889 ?

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
Ended up using Canpar through netparcel.com BC to Ontario for $212 *with no insured value*. I realized my visa has purchase protection that insures against loss or theft for 90 days.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
bishskate wrote:
Ended up using Canpar through netparcel.com BC to Ontario for $212 *with no insured value*. I realized my visa has purchase protection that insures against loss or theft for 90 days.

Bike arrived today after it was picked up in Vancouver on the 4th. Courier threw the box on my porch, signed on my behalf and drove off without even ringing the doorbell. Not impressed. Corner of box is torn so hopefully no missing parts or damage.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 15:27 Quote
bishskate wrote:
bishskate wrote:

Bike arrived today after it was picked up in Vancouver on the 4th. Courier threw the box on my porch, signed on my behalf and drove off without even ringing the doorbell. Not impressed. Corner of box is torn so hopefully no missing parts or damage.

Way after the fact but Purolator collect is always great. The hold it at the depot for payment so no risk of it being left on the step

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
Also looking for options here, bumping this thread. Looking to ship a new bike from Williams Lake to Calgary. Loomis was recommended, but looking for cheaper alternatives.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
littlechilds wrote:
Also looking for options here, bumping this thread. Looking to ship a new bike from Williams Lake to Calgary. Loomis was recommended, but looking for cheaper alternatives.

Try Purolator. Again the big bonus is they ship collect. You just pay for the shipping when you grab it from the depot

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
Loomis was quoting $500...Purolator quoted around $400, these prices suck lol.

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
littlechilds wrote:
Loomis was quoting $500...Purolator quoted around $400, these prices suck lol.

Through net parcel? Also, does that include he shipper's insurance?

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
Damn, online calculator says $70 with Netparcel! That seems oddly cheap when plugging in 42x11x32...size of box I found is the typical size, and a weight of 35lbs.

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
I'm in the Same boat now myself. With Greyhound out of service across Canada, there's really not a cheap alternative anymore. I'm looking to buy from Edmonton to Ontario.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
littlechilds wrote:
Damn, online calculator says $70 with Netparcel! That seems oddly cheap when plugging in 42x11x32...size of box I found is the typical size, and a weight of 35lbs.

Well as posted above, I paid $212 to go from Vancouver to Ottawa. You're just going from on province to the next.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
True, and with a company that most likely has the worst reputation in shipping...Loomis Express.

Side note: Someone had found a bike for me (was very appreciative to the recommendation)...by the time I finally found a shipper for it, it was sold...back to the old drawing boardFrown

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.288099
Mobile Version of Website