Powered by Outside

super monster t's on a V 10

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
super monster t's on a V 10
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 7:53 Quote
hey evryone
my freind thinks he is reali clever, he has decided to get some super monster t's and is about to put them on his olds style v10 i think this is a very stupid idear as it will mess with the geormety to a huge scale
he wants them because he thinks he does drops (12ft his biggest) i think if he does larger drops on them that the headtube will snap off as the frame is not made for such a large fork!
what is everyone else opinions

thanks guys

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 7:56 Quote
There's a guy who rides at our local hill (Blue Mountain) with the old style V-10 with a Super. He has a 24in wheel in the front and 26 in the back. He seems to like it, I've seen him two differant years, so it'll at least last a season. Not my cup of tea though.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 10:48 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
There's a guy who rides at our local hill (Blue Mountain) with the old style V-10 with a Super. He has a 24in wheel in the front and 26 in the back. He seems to like it, I've seen him two differant years, so it'll at least last a season. Not my cup of tea though.

ahaha ive seen that as well, dude rocks a huge ponytail and it looks like he spent all his coin on his fork and frame

my buddy had super monsters, more of a novelty that will wear off when he gets sick of pedalling everywhere, frame should be fine

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
jingo wrote:
hey evryone
my freind thinks he is reali clever, he has decided to get some super monster t's and is about to put them on his olds style v10 i think this is a very stupid idear as it will mess with the geormety to a huge scale
he wants them because he thinks he does drops (12ft his biggest) i think if he does larger drops on them that the headtube will snap off as the frame is not made for such a large fork!
what is everyone else opinions

thanks guys

It will most likely mess up the geo... But its his choice and his $$$ so if he wants to do it, let him

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
maybe he wants to buy my old azonic loveseat to go with his silly too-big bikelol . ($10 says he already has one though) no goofy megabike is complete without the loveseat!

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
narr he dont but guna corner like SHIT like my other silli mate who just bought a huck bike as a dh racer hahahaahah look huck bike not dh ahahah nice for drops
photo

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
my bud had one on his old v10 looked stupid and handeled stupid.

people seem to think the more you spend the better it is,or the more travel you have the less of a chance you have falling off.

and that tank is just overkill,nice to see the old lawwill design though.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
i mean nice for doin like 20+drops but not for smaller and he dont do enything bigger then about what 10ft max hahahaah he thinks it a DH MACHINE and the other guy with the v10 thinks more travel is better for dh ded high bb height = bad corner

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
the more i look at it the more it looks like one of them cranes you see at the docks loading stuff onto ships.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
hahahaahaha i will show them this thread they realy are dumb both they think more travel means better dh haha how they are so wrong
i mean nice for hucks mind

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
that thing would float down stairs like they werent there,and you could probably huck to flat all day,but deffo overkill.

the other problem my friend had on the v10 was that the monster was quite stiff in comparison to his rear setup which didnt help at all,he maybe got like through 4 inches of travel in the front while the back had blown through it.

and the monster was designed for hucking not for the ellegance of downhill bike like the v10 if you know what i mean.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
yeah i know wht you mean but the other thing is with the tank bike thing is forks are stiff for first inch then just dive the rest and the back just dont move at alll with my WHOLE weight on it
and the v10 will just be weird he will set em both up on softerst settings haa

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
jingo wrote:
yeah i know wht you mean but the other thing is with the tank bike thing is forks are stiff for first inch then just dive the rest and the back just dont move at alll with my WHOLE weight on it
and the v10 will just be weird he will set em both up on softerst settings haa

Why are you worrying so much about it... if hes an idiot, let him do what he wants.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
i am the one who always ends up settin up both there bikes and spending alot of time fixing and tuning them

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
jingo wrote:
i am the one who always ends up settin up both there bikes and spending alot of time fixing and tuning them

point being?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.083275
Mobile Version of Website