Powered by Outside

what is the best mountain for the DH in quebec

PB Forum :: Downhill
what is the best mountain for the DH in quebec
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
im not sure for quebec but one of the best bikes is the intense m6 or the santa cruz v10

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
who8mycrayon wrote:
im not sure for quebec but one of the best bikes is the intense m6 or the santa cruz v10

i think he wants to know about the mountains not the bike,if so
Bromont offers a trail for most riders style imo.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 0:42 Quote
Is Mt Saint Anne open to ride or is it just open for the world cup? That would be a great place to hit.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
mt st-anne is open all the season

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
Mont St-Anne is the best for pure Dh but they really lack of freeride stunt and trails aren't really maintained. But you have a real great mountain to ride(fast section, steap, technical). Bromont has more freeride stunt and is better maintained but the mountain is less interesting. Some prefer one, some prefer the other. Rdie both and decide Wink

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
yes I agree bromont is a very nice mountain and the trail *7* is FUN

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
st anne is amazing. the trails are super rocky so they are really gnarly and they have a decent 4x course which is fun. the world cup course is intense to ride. plus there are no lift lines ever so its good. depends if you're close or not tho i guess...

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
MSA (Mont Ste.Anne) is nice. The trails are fairly long, but there are only 5 trails to choose from. I love the blue jumps/ramps on La Tordue.

Bromont has more trails, but they are shorter. I ride Bromont every Saturday. My favorite run is #7, cross over to #20 after the stepdown/stepup, hit the Bike Park, then cut back into #7 for the drop bridge! But all the runs are great.

Camp Fortune is small, but has some nice runs. Bring cash, they don't take Interac!!!!

Mont Blanc is also small, with some great trails to choose from (not many, but they're building more runs every year).

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
mont sainte-anne amazing and their are many hiddin trails very phisical...

bromont shorter than sainte-anne but more diverse more of a racer lift access mountain water slides,alpine slides... very rocky and technical

mont-blanc gay and the slowest chairlift in town.....but still ok for freeride and shorter travel bikes

chelsea camp fortune near hull ottawa small but still very nice dh mountain...

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
Camp Fortune's lift is the slowest I've ever been on.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 8:57 Quote
what is everyone's favourite run at st anne? mine is vietnam it's soooooo mellow to just give'er following that creek.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
hey..

i know it's not in québec, but if you're gonna go all the way to camp fortune, might as well check out calabogie.

They've got plenty of trails for all levels and sort of a bikepark.

and on top of that the runs are all really really well maintained ( fill ruts and berms every week), and since it's only been open for a couple seasons, the runs are pretty much rock free.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
Evol wrote:
Camp Fortune's lift is the slowest I've ever been on.

Than I'll assume you've never been to Calabogie Mad

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
higher-learning wrote:
what is everyone's favourite run at st anne? mine is vietnam it's soooooo mellow to just give'er following that creek.

Humm old world cup?:P

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010264
Mobile Version of Website