Powered by Outside

Giant Trance X

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance X
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 16:57 Quote
any prices released yet on thr 2021 29X

This is the bike i have been waiting for. Cant wait.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
$3200 for the 3 and $3800 for the 2.

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
I'm getting the Trance x 29 2 later today, and the demo that I had yesterday put my impression of the bike at a good level. Its springy, and it feels as if I could do anything with it. I am very lucky that my shop actually had it in stock!

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 4:32 Quote
yeeyeemtb wrote:
I'm getting the Trance x 29 2 later today, and the demo that I had yesterday put my impression of the bike at a good level. Its springy, and it feels as if I could do anything with it. I am very lucky that my shop actually had it in stock!

How is the fit?
How tall are you? What size did you get?

Congrats!

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
Dankerider wrote:
How is the fit?

Congrats!

I got the large size (I'm around five foot nine). It fits really well.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
yeeyeemtb wrote:
Dankerider wrote:
How is the fit?

Congrats!

LBS recommending medium for.my friend hes 5'11.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
Dankerider wrote:
yeeyeemtb wrote:
Dankerider wrote:
How is the fit?

Congrats!

They will need to demo it to see if it fits. I demoed mine and it ended up fitting at a large.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2020 at 19:15 Quote
yeeyeemtb wrote:
Dankerider wrote:
yeeyeemtb wrote:

They will need to demo it to see if it fits. I demoed mine and it ended up fitting at a large.

I'm 5'11" so directly between a M and L and went with the L. I have a short 30" inseam but longer torso and arms.

Luckily the LBS had both sizes to try. The large felt perfect reach wise, and a little longer like it'd be more stable at speed. The medium felt a little cramped overall. I have the seat post slammed to the collar but it works fine with 170mm drop.

photo
photo

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 9:28 Quote
There is another person from a different forum who sent me this link to a bike distributor. Apparently, Giant's gonna be releasing a carbon version of the bike, and one of the models is going to have the fox livewire setup.

https://on-off.hr/shop/bicikli/mtb-bicikli-off-road/trance-x-advanced-pro-29-0-chrysocolla-2021/

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 19:22 Quote
Thats a 29 trance Pro 0. Wouldnt it be a trance 29 X 0 if that was the case?

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 21:47 Quote
I mean, the price converted from the euros to dollars makes the bike worth about 11000 dollars. It has live valve judging by it and has a completely different color scheme to its counterparts... so yeah, it could be the zero. Though I am wondering why Giant hasn't released anything about this on their website.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
yeeyeemtb wrote:
I mean, the price converted from the euros to dollars makes the bike worth about 11000 dollars. It has live valve judging by it and has a completely different color scheme to its counterparts... so yeah, it could be the zero. Though I am wondering why Giant hasn't released anything about this on their website.

I think supply chain issues are causing some backups with releases. I know some other brands that already have new 2021 bikes going out the door at shops that aren't even released on their website yet.

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
Odd question, but does anyone know if a Fox X2 will fit?

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
I am not sure; take a look at the original DPS shock and see if the measurements match.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
yeeyeemtb wrote:
I am not sure; take a look at the original DPS shock and see if the measurements match.

Do you mean measurements as in stroke/length? If so yeah Fox makes the X2 in the same 185x55 trunnion size, I'm just not sure if it'll physically fit the frame since the X2 has a larger air can than the stock DPS and has a piggyback.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009955
Mobile Version of Website