Powered by Outside

Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
Picked this up at the weekend. It's an A2.

photo

Haven't had a chance to ride it on the trails yet, but hopefully will do this week. My first 29er

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
Who has 2021 bikes already? Norco website won't show 2021 bikes to people in the US.

Do they still have a 27.5 version?

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
SeanC1 wrote:
Who has 2021 bikes already? Norco website won't show 2021 bikes to people in the US.

My local bike shop in BC. Perhaps it helps we're just 10 minutes down the road from the Norco head office Big Grin

Apparently they will be releasing a 27.5 but the shop told me it could be a limited production and they had no idea if/when they'd be getting them in.

The Norco website doesn't even show them here in Canada, yet.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 16:48 Quote
SeanC1 wrote:

All the alloy and carbon models are available in 27.5 I’ve only seen 2 different colour A2s in shops so far.

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 21:10 Quote
DGB80 wrote:
SeanC1 wrote:

All the alloy and carbon models are available in 27.5 I’ve only seen 2 different colour A2s in shops so far.

I really like the salmon pinky one. I didn't when I saw it on the shop website but in person it looks great.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:
DGB80 wrote:
SeanC1 wrote:

I really like the salmon pinky one. I didn't when I saw it on the shop website but in person it looks great.

I’ve got the Shimano build C2 on order. Hopefully the grey looks good in person

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 7:40 Quote
DGB80 wrote:
Doomrider74 wrote:
DGB80 wrote:

I’ve got the Shimano build C2 on order. Hopefully the grey looks good in person

This one is Shimano, with SLX drive train, which is fine with me.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 3:19 Quote
Anything on the 2021 Optic?

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 8:16 Quote
There were none in the store and they never came up in conversation as I wasn't interested in them.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 13:21 Quote
Damn Doom! That be fiiiiiiner than a mofo

Posted: Aug 26, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:

Haven't had a chance to ride it on the trails yet, but hopefully will do this week. My first 29er

Can you post some comments on the X2.

I'm looking at getting the A2 in 27.5 for the Shimano/Fox build. Curious to hear how this rear shock performs, I've found the older RockShox (monarch Plus) to be overdamped.

It looks like this year they have X2 with HSC/LSC, HSR/LSR and a climb switch on the Sight?

Posted: Aug 26, 2020 at 22:51 Quote
coolatt wrote:
Doomrider74 wrote:

Can you post some comments on the X2.

I'm looking at getting the A2 in 27.5 for the Shimano/Fox build. Curious to hear how this rear shock performs, I've found the older RockShox (monarch Plus) to be overdamped.

It looks like this year they have X2 with HSC/LSC, HSR/LSR and a climb switch on the Sight?

Yup, that's it. I'll report back when I've had a few rides under my belt.

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 20:33 Quote
What I will say about this bike is it just plows: Very little seems to knock if offline so you can just point and shoot.

I didn't fancy driving to the trails today so I had a 34-40 minute climb to the start of the fire road climb and it definitely climbed well. The open/firm lever on the shock may have helped. It was also more comfortable than my Trance, which always seemed to give me lower backache. Not a sign of it on the Norco.

A few things:

- The maneuverability of the bike will take a little getting used to, probably due to the fact I haven't ridden a 29er before. Nothing major, but I think I need to adjust my cornering a little, particularly on slow, techy corners. I must admit I've been off the bike for a while so that could have contributed.
- The suspension hasn't really bedded in yet, so it feels a little stiff. Hopefully it will open up as the rides mount up. If not, I may need to adjust the air pressures in the shock and forks.

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
Please do you know the weight of this bike?
Thanks

Posted: Aug 31, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
RIDEBIKERIDE wrote:
Please do you know the weight of this bike?
Thanks

No, sorry. I don't have any scales. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd probably say around 33/34 lbs, but don't quote me on that.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012198
Mobile Version of Website