YT Customer Service/Warranty Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
YT Customer Service/Warranty Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 19:17 Quote
There seem to be way to many YT customer service/relations threads going on, so I think we should just try and keep it to one. Ask questions, provide criticism, and share useful information regarding the customer service/warranty aspect of YT.

I'll start off, I just cracked my left chainstay around the weld on my 5 month old 2020 Jeffsy Base, I have filled out the warranty form and contacted YT, and since I found the crack on Sunday of Labor Day weekend, no one replied until today (Tuesday.) All they have asked for is proof of purchase, a picture of the S/N, and a picture of the complete bike. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them, and what the wait time might look like?

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
Man good luck... I wish I didn't buy this thing (just got a capra pro 29)! The bike is great if you don't have to deal with customer service but every time I email them it's the same thing you're describing... delayed emails, no actual solution presented, etc. It's going on three weeks of asking them to send me a new dropper lever and fix my shock that was defective out of the box and it's going to be at least a few more from given how this has played out so far.

All I can say is, be patient and don't buy another YT for your next bike haha. I'm getting all pissed off about it and it's not helping. Apparently their return period is only 14 days so that sucks.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
Man, I really hope you get that sorted out. I agree, I don't think I'll be buying another YT. (What really sucks is I'm about 6'6", so my options are mostly direct to consumer or Trek, ugh) As I've said before in other threads, it's been worth it so far since I'm a broke HS student who understands the risks, and the bike just really fit me and my style.
I also think it is a locational thing. I've heard a lot more horror stories from Canada and Europe than from the US. I finally got a response a week after I shot them an email . They say it's gonna take 4-6 to get the part, which I guess ain't all that bad being in the middle of a pandemic. Hopefully, I'll get it soon, plus I can ride all year round down here, so it's not like I'm missing a lot of the season.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 15:30 Quote
I wanted a Decoy so bad!!!!!
After reading YT customer service reviews, I changed my mind getting a Decoy. Lots of negative complaints from customers who bought YT bikes. Most buyers said that they "will never buy another YT bike". That's all it took for me not to get a YT.

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
meandmybike48 wrote:
I wanted a Decoy so bad!!!!!
After reading YT customer service reviews, I changed my mind getting a Decoy. Lots of negative complaints from customers who bought YT bikes. Most buyers said that they "will never buy another YT bike". That's all it took for me not to get a YT.
It seems to be that it seems like a coin toss when it comes to your YT experience. It also seems to help if you are in the US for some reason. I've had an okay one so far, and I'm going through their warranty process for a new chainstay. It seems to be going better than expected, they even shortened the wait time to 4-6 weeks, but we'll see if they deliver on this process. I don't want to say I will or won't buy another YT yet since I've only been in the warranty process for about three weeks, and this is my first YT.

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
Nothing but 5-star customer service from YT & e13since I purchased a Capra Al Ltd last September.
They've replied within a few hours every time I've contacted them & have done their best to do me right.

Unfortunately, now waiting 6-10 weeks for a warrantied rear end since there're no parts in the US.

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
I've had a good experience so far with YT Canada. I guess I'm the lucky one!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
On my previous YT bike my e*thirteen dropper seatpost broke. I didn't contact YT, instead I emailed e*thirteen directly.

Their costumer service was great. And I got my dropper post back in about three weeks.

I describe my experience with the e*thirteen support in this video: https://youtu.be/s_jaItf9jtE

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
I've never had any experience with e*thirteen myself, but this now sounds like a much better option than going through YT, if I ever get a e*thirteen equipped YT. Is there a reason people are not doing this or am I just living under a rock and people are?

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
No idea what people are doing with their e*thirteen warranty claims. I just thought: it's an e*thirteen dropper, so I'll send it to e*thirteen. If I would have send it to YT they would have probably done the same, it would have just taken longer.

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
After about 8 weeks of waiting, I finally got my replacement chainstay in! They originally quoted 4-6 weeks, but I'll let it slide because they were really responsive to all my questions and the chainstay showed up on schedule for the shipping. Honestly not bad all things considered. I am still not sure that I totally trust the quality and durability of YT frames, and am still in the "not gonna buy another YT" group, but hey, at least they got it solved.

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
My YT experience with YT USA:

in 2019 I purchased 2 Jeffsy CFPR one in 27.5 and one 29. Setup the 29er first and rode it for a few days when I decided to use the flip chip because pedal strikes on a low BB height bike w/ 175mm crank arms. Flipped the chip and rode a couple more times when I noticed an audible clunk that I could also feel when unweighting the bike. Turns out the flip chip and shock bolt was moving despite being set with the recommended torque.
Sent an email off to YT support and after a few back and forth emails with videos and whatnot they said just pack the entire bike up and send it back for a warranty replacement. That took about 3-4 weeks round trip door to door.
In the mean time I put some time on the 27.5 Jeffsy which included a trip to Pisgah. On the first day in Pisgah the DPX2 shock developed a terrible creaking. A quick trip to the Hub and 6 beers later the tech there tell me that the shock was missing a front bushing washer on one side which was causing a side load on the shaft and f*cked up the shock. I asked if they could rebuild it and they said yes but that wouldn't be covered under warranty. They said my best bet was to contact YT and submit a warranty claim. Ok trip ruined ended up going home a day early.
When I got home I sent YT an email regarding the shock. They said I just need to contact Fox and fill out a warranty claim. I was a little miffed that I had spent a lot of money with YT and they were pawing me off to file the warranty claim. I made that known and they offered to fill out the paperwork on my behalf and get the process rolling.
10 minutes later I received an email from Fox with instructions.

Overall I am extremely pleased with how YT handled my warranty claims. I was lucky enough to have my issue with the Jeffsy 29 when they had plenty of stock so the turn around was agreeable.
It makes sense to me that I need to deal directly with the parts manufacturers for warranty claims. I didn't buy a specialized or trek bike.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 1:52 Quote
I like how their bikes are priced, which is why they've taken off and become a giant bike company. HOWEVER, all these mixed reviews (mostly negative) here and other sites have made me question a purchase. Having no shop and DTC is what cuts costs but having poor customer service is what makes having no bike to ride not okay. Especially for me being far away from the mainland USA, I shudder the thought of having to ship a bike back. Shipping costs for an ebike are crazy high overseas.

They can pay a big name like Christopher Walken to do an ad for them, but they can't pay for better staffing and service?

The other big name bike brands have better service and no celebrities speaking for them. Hmmmmmm?

YT if you're reading this, please think about using your monies on quality improvement and service, not on celebrities. Well, I won't be buying a YT

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
I've had to deal with YT USA customer service twice and both times the service was awesome! The first time I was trying to find a creak. I was convinced it was the BB so YT contacted Sram and sent me a new one free of charge. Of course I ended up realizing it was just the horst link bolt needed a bit of grease and not the BB but at least YT supported me with great service while I blamed the red headed step child that is the press fit BB.

The second time was because my chainstay rubber protector was peeling off a bit. Nothing major but enough that I wanted to pop on a new one. I contacted YT to buy one and they sent me one for free!

I have heard that YT Canada and YT Europe have bad customer service and now with COVID it's probably even worse since the bike industry is slammed right now and will be through 2021.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
I filled out a warranty claim for broken crank arm on a 3 month old jeffsy. That was 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet even though the automated reply said that someone will contact me within 10 days. This is my first ever mtb and I guess will have to learn from mistakes. Went for direct sales bike due to good value for money but when things go wrong it might mean many lost month without riding. Next time will go for a bike I can take back to the shop the next day to have it fixed.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010472
Mobile Version of Website