Powered by Outside

Canfield Riders Roll Call

PB Forum :: Canfield
Canfield Riders Roll Call
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
We are excited to have the new Canfield forum here on Pinkbike.

Who are you, where are you from and what do you ride? And we always love pictures.

I'll go first:

Lance Canfield
Fruita, Colorado
Currently my personal bikes are Jedi, One.2, Tilt, EPO and a handful of vintage Canfield Bikes.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
Don S.
Arvada, CO

• 2017 Canfield Jedi
2017 Canfield Jedi

• 2020 Balance LE
2020 Canfield Balance Limited Edition
2020 Canfield Balance Limited Edition

• 2020 Nimble 9 Cherry Cola
Canfield Nimble 9 Cherry Cola
Canfield Nimble 9 Cherry Cola

• 2020 ONE.2 Avalanche White
2020 Canfield ONE.2 - Avalanche White
2020 Canfield ONE.2 - Avalanche White

Soon to be Lithium!

FL
Posted: May 29, 2021 at 2:38 Quote
Ben
Lake District, Cumbria
UK

2020 Canfield Nimble 9 in Mantis Green
Just about to fit 29er wheels instead of the 2.8” 27.5’s. (Might try mullet first)
Kentmere reservoir on the Nimble 9

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
@heywood165, that Mantis is a beauty!

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
Here we go

photo

Mullet. 190F/R, Full eagle. This thing is mental!

In the PNW as a DH bike for park days and pedals days.

FL
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
DCS1138 wrote:

Thanks! You have an impressive collection of bikes there. I think I’ve seen your Nimble on Vitalmtb, do you find it more of a comfortable all day ride? Mine is completely different in ride character to my other hardtail, even though I ran them both on the same wheels for a few rides.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 7:32 Quote
It's been a few years since I've had a hardtail or rigid, but the N9 is much more compliant than I remember them being...and much more fun! You won't mistake it for full suspension, but I was very surprised how smooth it is at speed and through chunk for a hardtail. Very comfortable bike.

Heywood165 wrote:
DCS1138 wrote:

Thanks! You have an impressive collection of bikes there. I think I’ve seen your Nimble on Vitalmtb, do you find it more of a comfortable all day ride? Mine is completely different in ride character to my other hardtail, even though I ran them both on the same wheels for a few rides.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
Mental indeed!

Looks like the perfect bike for PNW and Northshore gnar!

noplacelikeloam wrote:
Here we go

photo

Mullet. 190F/R, Full eagle. This thing is mental!

In the PNW as a DH bike for park days and pedals days.

FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
DCS1138 wrote:
It's been a few years since I've had a hardtail or rigid, but the N9 is much more compliant than I remember them being...and much more fun! You won't mistake it for full suspension, but I was very surprised how smooth it is at speed and through chunk for a hardtail. Very comfortable bike

There’s a couple of things I’d change to make it a better bike for me, cable routing (dropper cable routing is horrible) and water bottle bosses (1 pair should be under the top tube, I’ll never use the downtube ones because mud).

Hopefully Lance sees this and has a think about the current setup for any new models.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
Just purchased a 2018 Canfield Brothers Riot

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 16:29 Quote
Heywood165 wrote:
DCS1138 wrote:
It's been a few years since I've had a hardtail or rigid, but the N9 is much more compliant than I remember them being...and much more fun! You won't mistake it for full suspension, but I was very surprised how smooth it is at speed and through chunk for a hardtail. Very comfortable bike

There’s a couple of things I’d change to make it a better bike for me, cable routing (dropper cable routing is horrible) and water bottle bosses (1 pair should be under the top tube, I’ll never use the downtube ones because mud).

Hopefully Lance sees this and has a think about the current setup for any new models.

Agreed, water bottle bolts would be a nice addition when built as a Trail bike. Maybe next round.

The Cable covers are most likely the reason you hate the cable routing. They where a bit small on these so the cables are harder to feed thru. All the new models with internal routing have larger holes and cables are easy to feed, even after fully assembled and you need to make an adjustment.

Thanks for the input.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 15:05 Quote
I’m considering a Tilt frame. Currently have a new 51mm offset Mezzer, carbon wheels, and bars, XT 12x with cinch cranks, size L with 170 dropper. What would you guess for final build weight? Are you getting any frames in? Could a guy just pick one up in Fruita?

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 15:27 Quote
tfdhusker wrote:
I’m considering a Tilt frame. Currently have a new 51mm offset Mezzer, carbon wheels, and bars, XT 12x with cinch cranks, size L with 170 dropper. What would you guess for final build weight? Are you getting any frames in? Could a guy just pick one up in Fruita?

As soon as we receive the ocean shipment, we will have frames available. Give us a call or email to arrange a time to pick up your bike here in Fruita.

We just built up a small Tilt with a stock build and it weights 33 3/4 lbs with pedals.

Frame weights (medium):
-Frame w/ hardware: 7.6 pounds
-Frame w/ shock: 8.9 pounds

I'd have a hard time making a accurate guess on total weight. This site might be helpful. https://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

Canfield Bikes small Tilt

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018453
Mobile Version of Website