Powered by Outside

We Are One - Arrival

PB Forum :: Other
We Are One - Arrival
O+ FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
I am loving the looks of this bike and super excited to start reading more reviews on it and potentially getting a test ride from some local shops that will be getting them in.

I ride a 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson right now, so this bike is VERY similar in the style of bike. I do however like the 29er wheels and the geo seems to be exactly what I would choose if I could design my own bike. A little longer and slacker than my current bike, but not near the extremes or more "purpose built" bikes that you are seeing a lot of lately. This seems like the ultimate do it all bike for me like my current Bronson is.

I know they aren't the cheapest bikes and don't want to get in a discussion about the pricing. They only offered the highest end builds currently, but you do get a lot for the money I think. Comparing them with Santa Cruz and other "high end" companies... they are right in line for pricing, sometimes even seeming like a decent deal in comparison.

Anyone out there have any seat time on one or any experience with one in the flesh? Anyone out there order one?

FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
I have one on order. Also just placed an order for it's Ridewrap tailored kit. I think it became available today or over the weekend. Got the matte finish. Tried to honor the paint design intent but I doubt it'll perfectly match. That's ok

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
mechatronicjf wrote:
I have one on order. Also just placed an order for it's Ridewrap tailored kit. I think it became available today or over the weekend. Got the matte finish. Tried to honor the paint design intent but I doubt it'll perfectly match. That's ok

Can't describe how excited I got that someone replied haha... I've searched the forum multiple times thinking there MUST be another thread started for this bike.. but nothing!

I have an allotment at a local shop for November. Its an SP1 build that they said they would swap some parts out to align more with the SP2 that I wanted... They also have an SP2 coming in January they think, so I'll probably wait for that one instead. I'd love AXS, but they price for the SP2 is already high enough for me... can't justify the SP1 build myself.

Funny you mentioned the RideWrap... I just looked last week and nothing was available yet. Thanks for the update

When do you get yours?

FL
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Basketcase889 wrote:
mechatronicjf wrote:

Can't describe how excited I got that someone replied haha... I've searched the forum multiple times thinking there MUST be another thread started for this bike.. but nothing!

I have an allotment at a local shop for November. Its an SP1 build that they said they would swap some parts out to align more with the SP2 that I wanted... They also have an SP2 coming in January they think, so I'll probably wait for that one instead. I'd love AXS, but they price for the SP2 is already high enough for me... can't justify the SP1 build myself.

Funny you mentioned the RideWrap... I just looked last week and nothing was available yet. Thanks for the update

When do you get yours?

I'm in the October block. There's rumors that they'll be coming out with a chain guide too. You can see it on the first arrival picture on their website and it would have to be proprietary since there's no IS tabs on the frame.
I'm glad you started this thread. I'll try to update with any quirks I discover.

Edit: If anyone has suspension curves please post them. I'm curious to see the leverage rate. Might extrapolate them eventually if I don't see anything official.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
mechatronicjf wrote:
I'm in the October block. There's rumors that they'll be coming out with a chain guide too. You can see it on the first arrival picture on their website and it would have to be proprietary since there's no IS tabs on the frame.
I'm glad you started this thread. I'll try to update with any quirks I discover.

Edit: If anyone has suspension curves please post them. I'm curious to see the leverage rate. Might extrapolate them eventually if I don't see anything official.

Thats interesting! I never noticed that before... Kinda sucks there's no IS tabs though, I run a OneUp chain/bash guide now just for the piece of mind.. Would have loved to swap that over

What build did you get?

FL
Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
Basketcase889 wrote:
mechatronicjf wrote:

Thats interesting! I never noticed that before... Kinda sucks there's no IS tabs though, I run a OneUp chain/bash guide now just for the piece of mind.. Would have loved to swap that over

What build did you get?

I got the SP2. Not really interested in the AXS stuff. Performance looks amazing, but I'm already a little embarrassed to have spent this much money on a bike and the cost of replacing these parts would be too high for me. I was ready to pay more for the MT7 but I'm sure the MT5 will be plenty braking for me especially where I live now. Besides, WAO told me they specced the HC1 lever blade which Magura should be offering as standard on the non-ebike MT5 IMO.

FL
Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
Little bit of news from Ridewrap. They're having issues with the wrap material joining to this frame. I'm not sure of it's not sticky enough or too sticky, but they gave me a refund and will keep experimenting with different materials. The issue is unique to this frame and caused by the cerakote paint. I'm glad they warned me and were upfront with the issue.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 16:58 Quote
mechatronicjf wrote:
Little bit of news from Ridewrap. They're having issues with the wrap material joining to this frame. I'm not sure of it's not sticky enough or too sticky, but they gave me a refund and will keep experimenting with different materials. The issue is unique to this frame and caused by the cerakote paint. I'm glad they warned me and were upfront with the issue.

Probably the same issue they have with trying to get the material to stick to anodized aluminum frames.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 7:06 Quote
mechatronicjf wrote:

I agree on being a bit embarrassed about the cost of the bike.. but I don't think its a crazy price for what the component spec is compared to other bikes. I'm on a SC Bronson right now, and the GX build with carbon wheels is over $10k CDN, and the XO1 build is even more! And I'd much rather the WR1 over any of them... I also wanted the MT7 brakes, but not enough to care about the SP1 haha

Interesting about the RideWrap... keep us posted how it works out

FL
Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
Update on Ridewrap. They found a material that works with Cerakote finishes. The only catch is that it's harder to install than their regular film so they won't be making it available online for DIY. It'll cost more for labour and to have the bike make the stop in Whistler, but at least they'll do a better job than I would.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
I saw the bike in person a couple weeks back when I placed my order (April delivery) and the finish looks extremely durable. Its the same type of finish they use on tools, and guns etc... I think these frames will stand up rather well without the ridewrap

update to the OP... did you receive your bike????

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 22:46 Quote
Hi there group. I managed to get my name on the list for one of these beauties for January. Pretty pumped! Anyone have an idea of what the max insertion is for a dropper is?

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
bmxslinger wrote:
Hi there group. I managed to get my name on the list for one of these beauties for January. Pretty pumped! Anyone have an idea of what the max insertion is for a dropper is?

This was a concern for me as well...

From Josh at WAO back before I ordered:
"From the kink to the collar our insertion depth is 240mm. Depending on the orientation of your actuator you may be able to sneak out a couple additional MM but that is the standardized measurement."

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
bmxslinger wrote:

For a size medium frame it is 230mm max insertion. Guessing the seat collar is just cut 1cm below the size large?

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
Here you guys go, I don't really want to go through the trouble of posting a photo on this site so here's a link to my bike. https://www.mtbr.com/threads/wa1-arrival.1192483/post-15500768

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008777
Mobile Version of Website