Powered by Outside

New Stumpjumper for 2024..?

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Stumpjumper for 2024..?
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 2:49 Quote
Anyone have any inside info or heard any rumors of a new Stumpjumper coming out for 2024..?

I saw that the current models are on sale and it's been 3 years since they introduced the last one.

Just curious..!!

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 5:28 Quote
Pure guessing on my part. I expect a new frame in the next couple years without the sidearm design, like the new Levo.

I like the clean design of my '21 Epic Evo better than my Stumpy Evo, so might be tempted if I ever will manage to sell my StEvo. It's gone from unobtanium to nobodywantsoneium since Covid.

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 11:16 Quote
It would be cool if Specialized did the same thing as Giant with what they did with the Giant Trance X 27.5. Specialized bring back the Stumpjumper Evo full 27.5.

Posted: Jul 1, 2023 at 21:12 Quote
Friend of a Specialized shop employee here, rumor is 2024/2025 they’re gonna go back to having just the sj and it’s gonna be very similar to the current levo sl in design and a mullet flip chip. Travel is gonna be 140/150 and they’re gonna have only one or two Sj evo build kits which are gonna be same frame and rear travel but with mullet and a 160 fork out of the box. There are rumors that specialized is co developing a new shock w/ fox that is supposed to be similar to the shock on the new epic WC where it uses a negative air chamber to limit sag to essentially 0% when climbing and then when a bump is detected it’ll bypass that negative air chamber and compress like normal. This is all speculation so don’t quote me on it but he seemed pretty sure on all this

Posted: Sep 23, 2023 at 0:46 Quote
Supposedly, 2024 stevo is same, friend works at bike shops that sells specialized and gets all the things ahead of time

Posted: Sep 23, 2023 at 6:44 Quote
Lucapast wrote:
Friend of a Specialized shop employee here, rumor is 2024/2025 they’re gonna go back to having just the sj and it’s gonna be very similar to the current levo sl in design and a mullet flip chip. Travel is gonna be 140/150 and they’re gonna have only one or two Sj evo build kits which are gonna be same frame and rear travel but with mullet and a 160 fork out of the box. There are rumors that specialized is co developing a new shock w/ fox that is supposed to be similar to the shock on the new epic WC where it uses a negative air chamber to limit sag to essentially 0% when climbing and then when a bump is detected it’ll bypass that negative air chamber and compress like normal. This is all speculation so don’t quote me on it but he seemed pretty sure on all this

Yeah, I think that the current model differentiation between the Stumpjumper and Stumpjumper Evo is confusing at best. They're two completely different bikes.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2023 at 19:00 Quote
Definitely makes sense to have one and then a more aggressive build. I enjoyed my evo but did find that crossbar visually unappealing. A well designed four bar suspension to me is still (one of) the best for everything.

Posted: Oct 8, 2023 at 9:41 Quote
Just spoke to the Spec Rep Sales at the MSA World Cup this year and yes a new Stump for 2024. Not a lot of details but the new model will be very interesting for the riders who love the Evo.

Posted: Oct 8, 2023 at 10:18 Quote
I’m honestly struggling to think of something that could make my SJE better.

Perhaps a more robust stock downtube protector?

Posted: Oct 9, 2023 at 5:58 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:

Yeah, I think that the current model differentiation between the Stumpjumper and Stumpjumper Evo is confusing at best. They're two completely different bikes.

True. Sold my '22 Stevo, got a new 22/23 regular Stumpy carbon, and they are indeed quite different beasts. Some people seem to think that the Epic Evo is similar to the Stumpy, others think Stumpy is similar to StEvo.

It's quite clear to me having owned all of them. The regular Stumpy is the true do-it-all, as intended, smack in the middle. Can do XC (with fast wheels/tires) unless you want to win, can do enduro or park as long as you don't go bananas. The StEvo is a much more winch & plummet bike which handles slow tech climbs rather well. IMO closer to the Enduro than the Stumpy.

The StEvo needs a new name. The regular Stumpy continues the bloodline.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2023 at 7:19 Quote
Get rid of the Evo make the status better and have that be the middle ground between stumpjumper and enduro with slight redesign for the stumpy. I mean that's coming from someone who likes big travel long slack bikes.

Posted: Oct 11, 2023 at 10:00 Quote
Yeah, the Status 160 is a lot like the Stumpjumper Evo without the geometry adjust and less anti-squat and anti-rise.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2023 at 6:15 Quote
Any new info on this? Thinking about selling my frame so I am ready to buy one when available.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2023 at 8:26 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:
I’m honestly struggling to think of something that could make my SJE better.
It is, all things considered, an excellent design. I never found it to be the best pedaling bike even after moving to a more supportive shock. But aside from that it was a bike I enjoyed in trail riding and in more challenging terrain. All the adjustability and accessories too and at a price less than other similar bikes with excellent cable routing and frame storage. I don't own it any longer but still see Specialized pretty much set the bar a few years back and other companies followed suit.

Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 20:50 Quote
This review says the stumpy stays the same (frame wise). Anyone see this?

https://www.bikeperfect.com/news/specialized-play-it-safe-with-relatively-modest-tweaks-to-the-2024-stumpjumper

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008595
Mobile Version of Website