Powered by Outside

anyone know size for this?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
anyone know size for this?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
i have the gt chucker 2007 with dj3s and its size is 1 1/8...and i have oversized bars but have no idea wat size stem i need to get...i want the block shaped one liek deity not the one i have...please help me..

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
and if i get lets say one of these stems....Deity Components I Beam CNC 6061 Low Stack Stem will i need a headset? because mine just slippes on the steerer tube and has the top cap to tighten with...

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
race face 31.8 stem... fits the 1 1/8 steer tube and over size bars.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
hey i would kinda look at deity stems and stuff..as i would prefer one in white...
all i need to know is the bar size then for over sized bars and if i obught one of those stems will i need a headset?

thanks

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:58 Quote
if you have oversized bars they are 31.8 and if you already have a headset in your frame you shouldnt need a new one.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
ohh ok....thanks ....

can you not get a headset when you buy a bike?

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
they usually come in the bike already.. but if you dont have a headset you cant ride... well you can but its highly not recomended.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
LOL! ok..i jsut had a worrie of me needing a new one as ive only got a little budget....and getting my bike ready for a great day with some buddies at a skatepark...

thanks..so 31.8 is the width of my bars.?

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
yo ive got one of those types of stems...couldunt really see a headset when i checked my forks last time...

http://www.tredz.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=5922

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
fortune-cookie-rider wrote:
LOL! ok..i jsut had a worrie of me needing a new one as ive only got a little budget....and getting my bike ready for a great day with some buddies at a skatepark...

31.8mm is the diameter of your bars at the point where the stem clamps them. Assuming that they're over-size. Otherwise, most likely to be 25.4mm.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
henryf wrote:
fortune-cookie-rider wrote:

31.8mm is the diameter of your bars at the point where the stem clamps them. Assuming that they're over-size. Otherwise, most likely to be 25.4mm.

they go from skinny [on the grips bit] to like thick near the stem bit.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
look on my profile and look at my bike shot from teh front maybe you can see their...

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
um nothing looks out of place so i would say you would need a 31.8mm stem. And you wont need a new headset, but if you can find a blk mrkt stem that is oversized, (there is such thing) then get one but if not then get deity or dmr, here look at these dmr ones http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=products&pageType=item&category=19&CategoryName=Stems&itemid=STMHSOS

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012780
Mobile Version of Website