Powered by Outside

BB and crank help!!!!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
BB and crank help!!!!
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
Hey I got a 07 fit bike am and my bb is buggering up i replaced th ebearings already but the main question is can i get a good after market set of cranks and bb for a large style bb. i know you can get sikk set ups for a small "spanish" bb

Heres the bike when i swaped the sproket and chain out.
photo

ill get pics on the other side . coming sooon

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
Yea get a sik pair of 19 or 22mm cranks and just get the bb that fits. Is it and american bb?if it is just get a pair of 19mm or 22mm and a american bb and it will bolt right up...while you at it get rid of that half link chaintup

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
well i got some. im thinking of going brakeless just bc i dont use them and it looks sweet. Oh and right now the bikeshop that has bmx stuff aitn open for a while. a truck ran through the building sooo....
photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
i was thinkin fly peddles with ?? i dono bb and crank

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
i like profile cranks b/c they have a lifetime warrenty but the odyssey wombolt looks good....just get a bb you can get your hands on

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
thats the thing the guys who work at the biek shops have the same knwledge bout this as i do . i dono what brands make for that stupid fat size.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
cbc24 wrote:
thats the thing the guys who work at the biek shops have the same knwledge bout this as i do . i dono what brands make for that stupid fat size.
go look at my pics....is it the size of the one in the bike that is complete with purple grips and chain

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
barbie bike sbitchin lol. yeah thos eare profile cransk i have thos eon my chrome bmx , they dotn suit the biek . ill take a peak on the website to see if they got black

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
cbc24 wrote:

Change bike shops then. SOMEONE at your lbs should be able to tell you this.

ANY 3 peice bmx crank set will work with your frame. Like said before, the bb size does NOT affect what cranks you can run. If you need a new bb and crank set, just order the set cranks you like. Then order either a 19mm, or a 22mm American bb, depending on the spindle size of your new cranks.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
Madder
lettusdude wrote:
[Quote="cbc24"Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder ]thats the thing the guys who work at the biek shops have the same knwledge bout this as i do . i dono what brands make for that stupid fat size.

Change bike shops then. SOMEONE at your lbs should be able to tell you this.

ANY 3 peice bmx crank set will work with your frame. Like said before, the bb size does NOT affect what cranks you can run. If you need a new bb and crank set, just order the set cranks you like. Then order either a 19mm, or a 22mm American bb, depending on the spindle size of your new cranks.[/Quote]thats what i was trying to say

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
thanx man im still a lil fuzzy in this.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
the other one dotn got bmx guys they got hockey jocks . i went thee on monday they know fck all

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
well just check the spec of your bike its an 07 fit am right? Well the 07' fit am has a mid bb and 3-peice tubular chromoly cranks...they are chromo so i dont think you need new ones already although it wouldnt hurt b/c those are no namers

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
well crank aint a issue as much just the bb keeps ffin up. it came apart the first day riding so i went hoem and rebuilt it. then it kept doign it . finally the cages fell apart and it jammed. I know how to take em apart bc supercycles even use the same bb lol. lucky i had a set left over from an old supercycle and threw em on. so far so good

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
cbc24 wrote:
well crank aint a issue as much just the bb keeps ffin up. it came apart the first day riding so i went hoem and rebuilt it. then it kept doign it . finally the cages fell apart and it jammed. I know how to take em apart bc supercycles even use the same bb lol. lucky i had a set left over from an old supercycle and threw em on. so far so good
well a new bb with everything all the hardware and cone spaers and cups and all is like 20 american for a sealed on or ill sell you one for 10 bucks and you pay shipping

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018622
Mobile Version of Website