Powered by Outside

how much do bike shops pay for parts and bikes?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
how much do bike shops pay for parts and bikes?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
can anyone give me any examples of how much stuff costs for the bike shop and not the consumer

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
yeah I am somewhat curious too.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:53 Quote
sammyboy2038 wrote:
most of the time they raise the price about 100% so if they charge you 160 for a king headset it cost them 80 to buy it

how can i get in on these great deals!!!!

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:53 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
sammyboy2038 wrote:
most of the time they raise the price about 100% so if they charge you 160 for a king headset it cost them 80 to buy it

Work at a shop.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:55 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
sammyboy2038 wrote:

Work at a shop.

Do you really get parts that cheap if you just work like 2 days a week at the shop?

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
DO NOT answer this question. You are basically pissing on the shop owners that have been good to you.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
Didn't think about that. Edited.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DO NOT answer this question. You are basically pissing on the shop owners that have been good to you.

I have yet to see a trustworthy bike shop owner that will really care for your bike instead of trying to rip you off.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
Nothing is more obnoxious then some punk coming into a shop, knowing exactly how much cost is, and demanding a better deal. That is sacred information that you don't give out to just anyone.

DavidMakalaster wrote:

I have yet to see a trustworthy bike shop owner that will really care for your bike instead of trying to rip you off.

No they have to stay in business. You don't stay in business by giving parts away.

DavidMakalaster wrote:

What the hell ever. Please quit the sport then.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.409258
Mobile Version of Website