Powered by Outside

6 Piston Brakes

• Previous Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
hey i'm looking to get some new brakes and not sure if 6 piston brakes would be a big upgrade from mechanical..

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
I would tend to think they would be...What type of riding do you do?

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
a lot of freeride and urban stuff...

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:28 Quote
6 piston breakslol dude that is like hitting a wall every time u touch the break lever. i rode 4 piston breaks and they were soooooooo powerful!!

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
now is gatorbrake a shitty brand for brakes, cuz i found some for cheap but i dont want like shit that will fall apart in two days

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
gibiker wrote:
now is gatorbrake a shitty brand for brakes, cuz i found some for cheap but i dont want like shit that will fall apart in two days

how much are you looking to spend?

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
uhh i'm cheap... the gatorbrakes i found are only 70 bucks a piece but idk if they're garbage so... what would you recomend... remember i'm a tight ass

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
gibiker wrote:
a lot of freeride and urban stuff...

You dont need 6 pistons. Hell, you dont really even need 4 pistons. I regret buying my Avid codes because I could have acheived the same power with a well set up juicy 7, or I could have gotten a formula brake. Gatorbrakes dont have a good reputation. Every person who I know who has tested them said that they did not perform up to thier standards. Just pick up some good 2 piston brakes and you will be in heaven.

~Mark

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
Go for some Avid BB7 mechys'... They're really powerful for a mechanical brake!!

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
umm what brand do you recomend and where can i get some....

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
gibiker wrote:
umm what brand do you recomend and where can i get some....

for four pistons i would recomend the hope moto M4's they are four piston but for two piston i would recoment a juicy seven.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
gibiker wrote:
uhh i'm cheap... the gatorbrakes i found are only 70 bucks a piece but idk if they're garbage so... what would you recomend... remember i'm a tight ass

but the hopes are really exspensive so maybe try to pick up some used juicy 7's those would most likly be perfect.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
you think 6 piston gatorbrakes are really like pure shit... or will they like do a decent job, better than hayes mx2 mechanical

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
well lets due the math 6 pistons means more pad that has force behind it. so wiether its a good brake or not who knows unless u try it but as foir the mx2 i think my left shoe would stop better i had bad expeiences

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
thud wrote:
well lets due the math 6 pistons means more pad that has force behind it. so wiether its a good brake or not who knows unless u try it but as foir the mx2 i think my left shoe would stop better i had bad expeiences
so you feel my pain with the whole mx2... is it worth trying the gatorbrake in your oppinion

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008924
Mobile Version of Website