Powered by Outside

55r

• Previous Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
i got one on my manik. i think its pretty sweet, nice speed on the rebound, and very very plush. only thing is.. i rush through 160mm of travel very fast..

is there anyway i can make it stiffer as it gets more compressed? or is that just a no to a 55r.

i doin't wanna add more air.. cause then they like hardly move on small things

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
You can make it more progressive by raising the oil level.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
what do you suggest i put in int?

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
Oil level in Marz forks is just something you have to play with and set to your preference. Marzocchi is notorious for under filling their forks from the factory. This may be why it's bottoming easy assuming you have the right spring. Try just adding a tiny bit at a time till you get it where you like it.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
oil volume is engineered but u can get heavier wieght so it goes through the valves slower and slows the compression. u can play around with it and find the perfect oil wieght mixture for u. if u put too much oil in a fork it could blow the seals.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
makripper wrote:
oil volume is engineered but u can get heavier wieght so it goes through the valves slower and slows the compression. u can play around with it and find the perfect oil wieght mixture for u. if u put too much oil in a fork it could blow the seals.

Not on a Marzocchi. That is one of the chief tuning features that the open bath allows for. Adding thicker oil will only slow the overall damping. It will make the fork less supple without making it any more progressive. You're welcome and encouraged to call marz and verify what I'm saying. They'll also be able to give you some suggestions on levels. But yeah on a Marz you can do this.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
i'm a bike mechanic, i know whats right, have fun over filling! and i can't wait till you come by asking me to fix your fork

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
soo.. thicker oil? not more right.. thicker.

the compression is nice, i like it, so is the rebound... it just used up all the travel pretty fast, not bottoming out though. high speed compressino adjustable?

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
makripper wrote:
i'm a bike mechanic, i know whats right, have fun over filling! and i can't wait till you come by asking me to fix your fork

I'm also a bike mechanic. You really should consider learning something about a product before you talk out your ass like you know something. I HIGHLY recommend you call Marzocchi and ask them what adjusting oil levels in 55s, 66s, 888s, Z1s, DJ, 4x WCs, etc. does. It is a tuning feature that makes the fork more progressive. If you really care I'll go find a tech article somewhere on the net and make you look like an ass or you could just call Marz and learn something.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
princeofthenorth wrote:
soo.. thicker oil? not more right.. thicker.

the compression is nice, i like it, so is the rebound... it just used up all the travel pretty fast, not bottoming out though. high speed compressino adjustable?

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
he is right, but consult a manual about the proper volume of oil, but yes weight is the key factor, if u can go to your local bike shop and they should be more than happy to help u with this. cheers dude and happy trails

makalaster is right

makripper wrote:
he is right, but consult a manual about the proper volume of oil, but yes weight is the key factor, if u can go to your local bike shop and they should be more than happy to help u with this. cheers dude and happy trails

Make up your mind weirdo.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
thicker (heavier) equals slower

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
sometimes they do come a little low on oil for shipping. but you dont want to overfill and each fork has a specific volume, you were partly right. take it easy man, we're all here to help.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010300
Mobile Version of Website