PB Forum :: Downhill
do you ever ride without a helmet?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 4:31 Quote

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 4:35 Quote
bombtrack wrote:
on my own trails? sometimes but normally when I have my helmet I never fall and when its off.. ya Razz

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 5:57 Quote
Only street and local DJ, feels weird with a helmet on. DH; always wear a helmet...

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:02 Quote
i sometimes dont wear a helmet for street depending on what it is but always for everything else e.g DJs and Downhill.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:09 Quote
No, often I wear light open-face helmet, and feel unconfortable when riding without helmet.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:10 Quote
if im just crusin around town or somethin i usually dont. or if im going to the swiming pool or swimteam in the morning i dont.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:34 Quote
Not on single track but on anything steep or techy or new terrain i always wear a full face and goggles, got to have them cause you get crap in your eyes at full speed and its game over!

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
DH always with a fullface/goggles but I didnt have a regular open face for street and DJ till now. I will wear the open face (Giro FLAK-Paul B. sig) wherever I ride now just so kids see that its cool to be safe.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
If I'm cruising around the town: usually no, I don't wear helmet. If I'll ride to the beach to swim: no again. Any bit of aggressive riding involved: fullface on. I can't use goggles because I'm already wearing eye glasses, sadly.

I do however wear my gloves all the time.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:49 Quote
I always wear a helmet, no matter what I am doing. Be it Trials, Street, Dj or Xc its always on. Its waaaaay too easy to f*ck up your head, half the time its not how fast you are going but how you fall.... if that makes any sense :/

+ I try to set a good example, especially since I have a younger bro of 7 years who also rides Smile

O+
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:55 Quote
I want one of those leather helmet that motorcyclists used to wear in the 1920s. Then, I can be stylish and protected.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:55 Quote
lajkonik wrote:
+ I try to set a good example, especially since I have a younger bro of 7 years who also rides Smile

I see a lot of young kis without helmets. I try to encourage them to ride smart but its lame to tell people to wear a lid if I'm not. My GF gave me shit a few times about setting an example.. she bought the open face so I dont have any excuses. Razz

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 6:59 Quote
triptex wrote:
lajkonik wrote:

I see a lot of young kis without helmets. I try to encourage them to ride smart but its lame to tell people to wear a lid if I'm not. My GF gave me shit a few times about setting an example.. she bought the open face so I dont have any excuses. Razz

yea i know what you mean, hard to excpect kids to wear a helmet if you tell em to if ur sitting there without one. And I also don't like being a hypocrit and try to avoid being one whenever I can Razz

and my bro is pretty good with wearing his bucket but I catch him sometimes and berate him for it.... then i feel old and like a parent Cry

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 7:03 Quote
lajkonik wrote:
triptex wrote:
lajkonik wrote:

yea i know what you mean, hard to excpect kids to wear a helmet if you tell em to if ur sitting there without one. And I also don't like being a hypocrit and try to avoid being one whenever I can Razz

and my bro is pretty good with wearing his bucket but I catch him sometimes and berate him for it.... then i feel old and like a parent Cry

Of all the stuff that can go wrong riding (and I only bail 5x a season avg.) Its so easy to wear a helmet. Just make sure it fits and you forget its there.

Im glad mountain biking doesnt have the same shitty stigma around safety as BMXing does.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
I always wear a helmet after my cousin fell off a few years ago and almost fractured his skull...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010395
Mobile Version of Website