London, Ontario

PB Forum :: Canada - East
London, Ontario
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 7:44 Quote
Let this be a strong, appreciative and responsible thread about everything-the forest city style Whip . Because London is a SWEET place to ride!

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 11:19 Quote
Hey all, it's been a while since I've been in the forest city, but due to circumstances, I'm coming back, so question, how's the riding scene out there? What trails are "accessible" and what ones can we actually use? Anyone need help building, etc.

Thanks guys, looking forward to seeing some of you out on the trails or around

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 3:43 Quote
So whats up with the rumor about the new skate park near Fanshaw??? is there one? has any one here actually ever been there??

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 5:05 Quote
irvinegr wrote:
So whats up with the rumor about the new skate park near Fanshaw??? is there one? has any one here actually ever been there??

There is on behind the hockey rink on fanshawe college boulevard (formerly second st.) and its small, not really bike friendly, and there is always dirty skater kids there who cant do a kickflip. the one off adelaid is bigger and much better for bikes.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:49 Quote
gbling wrote:
irvinegr wrote:

There is on behind the hockey rink on fanshawe college boulevard (formerly second st.) and its small, not really bike friendly, and there is always dirty skater kids there who cant do a kickflip. the one off adelaid is bigger and much better for bikes.

i haven't been to the fanshawe park myself, but i was at towheels the other day, and heard kevin saying that it's a pretty fun and flowy park

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 18:28 Quote
is there a website with a layout of the park?

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 18:37 Quote
foxytoe wrote:
gbling wrote:
irvinegr wrote:

i haven't been to the fanshawe park myself, but i was at towheels the other day, and heard kevin saying that it's a pretty fun and flowy park

i have a feeling we arent talking about the same park haha...is it a DJ park or a Skatepark that were talking about...and is it near Fanshawe college...or fanshawe lake where all the trails are..im so confuzzled

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 6:35 Quote
gbling wrote:
foxytoe wrote:
gbling wrote:

i have a feeling we arent talking about the same park haha...is it a DJ park or a Skatepark that were talking about...and is it near Fanshawe college...or fanshawe lake where all the trails are..im so confuzzled

it's a skate park near fanshawe college

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 10:32 Quote
So group ride next week sometime?
Depending on weather and whatnot?

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 19:45 Quote
Ahh...little old, but ok. Yes, Fanshawe is a great 18km trail. I just went Sat. with a friend for the second time this season. We biked from the Westmount Region to Fanshawe, and back. Except for the last time since we were lazy and tired. But it rained 10 mins after. So we were pretty lucky there. Anyways, Fanshawe has a great trail, especially for me, crappy bike, crappy riding. But I like to explore different trails. It's really nice because in some parts it's completely calm then all of a sudden you're racing up hill trying to get around those rocks. But don't look down because there are some close ledges that have atleast a 40 foot drop into the stinky lake. IMO it's a great ride. Going clockwise around the lake is the best. But for a tougher experience, go on a counter-clockwise day. It's only $5 to get in. But there's back way were you may just ride in. They really never check your ticket, and if they do, it's only a $90 fine. Great views and awesome in the fall!

http://www.thamesriver.on.ca/Parks/Fanshawe_Lake_Trail.htm

I'm looking forward to discover new trails.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 14:29 Quote
Has anyone been to the dirt jumps recently? Haven't been able to get there since before the summer due to traveling and work. What kind of state are they at? Does anyone know if John got his own house and building his own trails?

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 14:36 Quote
the only good place that i am able to ride is uwo... i went up to fanshaw but its only trail ridinng there and meadowlily and comissioners are wayy too far from me. they shouldhave something in north london near masonville. anyone got any suggestions?

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 13:45 Quote
Yeah I wish... I live beside Masonville. Maybe one of those farmers will give us a section of unusable land and a back hoe too! Ohh in a perfect world.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:42 Quote
I emailed the mayor today asking why there has been no progress between her office and parks and rec in getting the mountain bike/dirtjump riders a small track to make some jumps on. There is a ton of green space on Adelaide St. N near the Water Works.

They stopped updating me in June of 2006 and I told them it was completely unacceptable. Takes five minutes to email your mayor and tell her you want somewhere to ride your dirt jump bike.

ADeCicco@london.ca is her email address. Please use a sense of proper grammar and spelling when speaking to your mayor so you don't look like an idiot.

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 11:46 Quote
yo i sent an email to the mayor haha hope it works

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017432
Mobile Version of Website