Powered by Outside

Kamloops

PB Forum :: Downhill
Kamloops
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
so who's getting stoked for race the ranch this weekend

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
is there anybody going to trace the ranch.

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
I was going but got dragged into work now tomorrow, i might still go on sunday.

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
do u guys no wat the web sight is for the race the ranch to find the standings

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
cycling bc . ca but there not up yet man

O+
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
Race the Ranch website

but like said in the post above, they're not posted yet.

They had some serious timing issues.

FL
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
http://www3.telus.net/2008bike/Results.htm

In my opinion one of the biggest losses to the DH racing scene is 1036 timing. It's unfortunate that they weren't able to make a gainful business out of it, the way I understood it they were just covering their costs. Pretty much every race I have attended that was not using 1036 timing has had issues. Further, there was nothing like getting home from a race Sunday night to find the times and results are already posted on www.myresults.com . Now you have sites like the link I just posted above that aren't even showing results 2 or 3 days after an event. It's aggrevating. I know the timing and uploading results to the site is or was done by volunteers, but it's unfortunate for everyone that when things are done by volunteers it usually means they are done below satisfactory.

nate

O+
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 13:38 Quote
-nate- wrote:

In my opinion one of the biggest losses to the DH racing scene is 1036 timing. It's unfortunate that they weren't able to make a gainful business out of it, the way I understood it they were just covering their costs. Pretty much every race I have attended that was not using 1036 timing has had issues. Further, there was nothing like getting home from a race Sunday night to find the times and results are already posted on www.myresults.com . Now you have sites like the link I just posted above that aren't even showing results 2 or 3 days after an event. It's aggrevating. I know the timing and uploading results to the site is or was done by volunteers, but it's unfortunate for everyone that when things are done by volunteers it usually means they are done below satisfactory.

nate

1036 made money, it was a good little side business.

The problem is the software was the design of one of the owners, who's real job took him back east. The other owner didn't want to do it alone.

All the equipment is (or was a few months back) still for sale, at a reasonable price too, but the software is unsupported.

The reason the results aren't posted yet is the system they used at the ranch had a glitch mid-race. They are manually going through all the times (all 236 of them) and making sure it's right before they post it.

FL
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
dave-m wrote:
-nate- wrote:

nate

1036 made money, it was a good little side business.

The problem is the software was the design of one of the owners, who's real job took him back east. The other owner didn't want to do it alone.

All the equipment is (or was a few months back) still for sale, at a reasonable price too, but the software is unsupported.

The reason the results aren't posted yet is the system they used at the ranch had a glitch mid-race. They are manually going through all the times (all 236 of them) and making sure it's right before they post it.

Sounds like you are in the know - were the times confirmed manually prior to the awards ceremony? Shouldn't it just be a fill in the blanks exercise at this point? Thanks for the info.

nate

FL
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
-nate- wrote:
I know the timing and uploading results to the site is or was done by volunteers, but it's unfortunate for everyone that when things are done by volunteers it usually means they are done below satisfactory.

nate

Wow - now that I read over this last post I think I am sending the wrong message. I didn't mean to sound like such a dyck, I don't mean "below satisfactory" as in volunteers do a crap job - what I mean is that compared to the job I used to see from 1036, it is tough for people to compete with that.

Hope that clears it up.

nate

O+
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 22:05 Quote
-nate- wrote:

Sounds like you are in the know - were the times confirmed manually prior to the awards ceremony? Shouldn't it just be a fill in the blanks exercise at this point? Thanks for the info.

nate

I looked into buying the 1036 stuff at one point, but it didn't work out.

I'm not sure how they confirmed it at the race, but obviously they weren't confident in what they saw so they're doing it all over again.

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
didn't a team get there bikes jacked?

O+
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
Yeah, the Dunbar Cycles team got their trailer broken into and 6 high end DH bikes stolen.

there were more too, I heard by the end of the weekend there was 17 bikes jacked.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
Any ETA on the results getting posted?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016536
Mobile Version of Website