• Previous Page
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
who had drop out?

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
drop out and proud of itSalute F*CK the system boays

Ryan

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 16:36 Quote
no more school for me. Making good money, doing what I love, hopefully I'll be working full time by the time I'm 21, no debt, it's great.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
stinkyrider88 wrote:
drop out and proud of itSalute F*CK the system boays

Ryan
hell yea

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
Just title this the "I'de Rather Live Life Drinking and Working at McDonalds Thread." Seriously... Most of these kids are still in middle school or early high school and dropping out isn't even remotly cool. I'm not saying I don't like kids who drop out, its a choice people make and I respect it eather way. But don't flaunt that you drop out of school, its dumb. You have to have a degree to be a post officer now. And I'm not completly sure but you have to finish high school to join the army no? Yea, its a choice, but a good one?

Edit: You have to know the system before you can change it.. No clue about college or university. I'll have to try it out before I say anything I guess. Disregard that if its about college or Uni. Your profile says your seventeen though..

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
I don't think he's talking about highschool

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
it's gonna come back around and punch you in the face one day...

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
Dropping out of school is one of the dumbest mistakes you can make tbh, do you do it to be cool and go around on sites making forums saying you did it? i think your cool if you stay in school and graduate, but that's only me. your life so you get to make your own decisions i guessRolleyes

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:39 Quote
I have my reasons for dropping out, first off they have no respect for anything that may have happened in your life recently resulting in alot of stress and caused you not to be in class. But on the side you did get all the work done and went to hand it in before the due date and woop every time "I cant add any of this towards your mark" so the one day i snapped told the SOB to F*CK off lit my work up threw it in his face and left before they expelled me. My reason for being a drop out at this time.

Ryan

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 10:53 Quote
loganleier wrote:
Dropping out of school is one of the dumbest mistakes you can make tbh, do you do it to be cool and go around on sites making forums saying you did it? i think your cool if you stay in school and graduate, but that's only me. your life so you get to make your own decisions i guessRolleyes
you dont get it right? its not about being cool or any other shit its justt that you feel pushed around like the teachers say do this do that that and i say go shove it up your ass.it just f*cks me over but your right i shouldnt have drop out cause now im gonna be a f*cking hobo for the rest of my life,just a f*cking shame

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
trek2 wrote:
loganleier wrote:
you dont get it right? its not about being cool or any other shit its justt that you feel pushed around like the teachers say do this do that that and i say go shove it up your ass.it just f*cks me over but your right i shouldnt have drop out cause now im gonna be a f*cking hobo for the rest of my life,just a f*cking shame
Get used to it, it's part of life. Regardless of work or studying, that'll happen.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
Ya guys... f*ck the system... They can't make us do anything... I don't need the man pushing me down!! We could all just live in Anarchy!

....Rolleyes

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
dirtjump-derek wrote:
it's gonna come back around and punch you in the face one day...

more like bite you in the ass

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
I can sse some people finding a reason to drop out. But every reason they give is a sorry assed excused. Every reason I've heard from buddies dropping out has the content of "Oh...I'm not smart enough" or "I cant afford college/university anyways" or "I can get a job here/there that pays 20$ and hour"... Those who also put out the excuse of "Not liking to be pushed around by teachers for useless grades"--Straight up BS. If you as to so much think that you'll be able to make a living off 20$ an hour, 40 000$ a year, forget about it. You must'nt forget that 20$ an hour is pretty much as high as you'll see in you're life if you done have some sort of college diploma...unless you're insanely lucky. If you can build me a sensible gathering of what the cost of life is per month and show me that you can live the life you have now, show me and I'll drop out of school myself.

Here it is just for fun.I'm studying in Toronto right now to get me a job that might start me at 40G a year...but I'm not planning on staying in Toronto simply because I wouldnt be able to afford anything to live comfortably. Just my rent right now is 12 000$ a year, Food is 8 000$+. A car would be 16 000$+ a year including gas and inssurance...I still have yet to consider taxes and things suchs as medical needs.

Doesnt exactly leave much room for error in life. Beeing withdrawn from work for what ever reason leads to instant failure pretty much. Also, to have a life with out the ambition of advancing in life blows me away. Going from meat flipper to night manager is not considered an advancement neither is part time to full time. I see it as a total waste of life and opportunety and its not the fault of those who chose to drop out. Kids just arent informed enough about the bag of potatoes that falls on your shoulders once you're out there. Dont just think you're the only on getting that weight on your shoulders either...Life is just that way.

Just shake off all the nasty bits and get your head out of those disneyland daydreams...wake up for god sake. You're only doing yourself a favor by getting an education.

P.S. I'm also going to be 45 000$ in debt the day I graduate. I'm getting as big of a bag of potatoes as anyone here could be.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
chads wrote:
You must'nt forget that 20$ an hour is pretty much as high as you'll see in you're life if you done have some sort of college diploma...unless you're insanely lucky.

Its called a trade lol, in a few years you could be making more than that without a diploma

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011633
Mobile Version of Website