Powered by Outside

Full Suspension Street Starting Journal. Chillined's journey.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Full Suspension Street Starting Journal. Chillined's journey.
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
Sorry about the Cheezey title. I felt like it needed some awesomeness.

Okay back to the subject. I have a ironhorse Yakuza Aniki. Yes, it's a full suspension. Yes, it is 42 pounds, and YES i am getting it SSed, 24"ed, Piked, and new everything. I really don't need bullcrap like "Oh, you're wasting money" or "You're never going to learn" Guess what, I don't give a hell about what you're trying to say! From Week 1 to Week ?? (End of summer) I will update this EVERY WEEK, so if you're like me and want to be a street rider, follow this journal. If Mods can sticky this, that would be awesome.
photo

Expect to see a lot of upgrades guys.
photo

Me bunnyhopping

Views: 2,124    Faves: 12    Comments: 65

Bunnyhop 90. (I just started and 42 pound bike so give me a break)

Parts List:
Fox 36 talas or Pike 454
SS kit.
TruActiv Cranks with box chain guide.
Sun Ringle Single Tracks.
BB7s for back only, downgrading to 6" rotor.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
id make a blog about this. Not a forum.

But to add to this "discussion" I rode a 2007 Kona stinky around street and skatepark. Yes I had dual crowns, FS of course, gears, 26 and was heavy as hell. I could still almost 360 it all that tire tap stuff and other things. Now that I finally got my street bike, its a hell of a lot easier to do stuff.

After you ride your bike all summer, and then next year go to a street bike it will be so easy to do tricks trust me.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
id make a blog about this. Not a forum.

But to add to this "discussion" I rode a 2007 Kona stinky around street and skatepark. Yes I had dual crowns, FS of course, gears, 26 and was heavy as hell. I could still almost 360 it all that tire tap stuff and other things. Now that I finally got my street bike, its a hell of a lot easier to do stuff.

After you ride your bike all summer, and then next year go to a street bike it will be so easy to do tricks trust me.
Thanks man I appreciate the comment and support I'll start this journal in two weeks, where i start to get parts in.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
If you have potential, and you ride a full suspension, you wont be as could as you could be. But like i said, after your used to riding a FS it will be much much easier to do tricks.

PS: My street bike right now it about 32lbs hahaha. But it will be lighter once i get my SS hub and super light seat.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
^^ i say live and let ride man, ill be interested to see how this comes together

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
What's stopping you from selling your frame and buying a hardtail?

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
What's stopping you from selling your frame and buying a hardtail?
1. I just don't want to, I always like Full suspension better than hardtail (I still like hardtails A LOT)
2. i'll get like $150 out of my frame.
3.I always wanted to be out of the ordinary, a one that stands out. You can call me "One that is retarded" I guess you don't see the same vision and goal as me.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
Well, I wish you luck...

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Well, I wish you luck...
Thanks a lot, I'll need it.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
You did say that, it's in your post, that was a direct quote. Second, I'm not just saying this to piss you off, unless you're 225 lbs of pure muscle (which I doubt), you are indeed wasting your time and money. Any street bike over about 32 lbs is just about useless. I have never heard of anyone doing street with a full suspension, let alone a freeride bike. I have no clue what you're trying to accomplish here

So I guess all the bmxers from the 80s and 90s were pulling crazy stuff on "useless" bikes eh?Wink

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
You did say that, it's in your post, that was a direct quote. Second, I'm not just saying this to piss you off, unless you're 225 lbs of pure muscle (which I doubt), you are indeed wasting your time and money. Any street bike over about 32 lbs is just about useless. I have never heard of anyone doing street with a full suspension, let alone a freeride bike. I have no clue what you're trying to accomplish here

So I guess all the bmxers from the 80s and 90s were pulling crazy stuff on "useless" bikes eh?Wink
It's been 20 years...
edit: So yes, by todays standards, they are. I dare you to try working on a computer from the 80's today and then tell me it's not useless

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

It's been 20 years...
edit: So yes, by todays standards, they are. I dare you to try working on a computer from the 80's today and then tell me it's not useless
However, that's electronic technology.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
You can't compare a bike to a computer. Rolleyes Computers are obsolite after a year. Besides, It was only 10 years ago that a 30 lbs bike was considered feather light.

I haven't worked on a computer from the 80's, but I have ridden a bike.

photo

It weighs at least 34, and is hardly useless as you can see in the pic.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
i want pictures now haha. love this idea i just dont got the legs haha

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 21:39 Quote
AqueousBeef, all u ever do is just insult people and say how ignorant or stupid they are, i have barely ever seen u post anything usefull and i have never seen u post something nice, just give the insults a break for a bit please.

back to the topic... i want to see some videos, they would be funny especially if u end up schooling some locals when they are on hartails and ur on a 40+ pound fully haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011779
Mobile Version of Website