Powered by Outside

STOLEN IN CALGARY

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
STOLEN IN CALGARY
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 7:22 Quote
This is a duplicate Post. Other poster is a friend.

*Burnt Orange Santa Cruz VP FREE w/Fox 40 and Black Spire Chain Guide
*White and Orange Devinci Wilson 3 w/ Boxxer WC, Bontrager King Earl Wheels
*Green/Brown Specialized Demo7 II w/Totem Air (Argyle stickers removed)
*Blue Trek 2.1 road bike
*Orange Devinci Monza road bike with lots of carbon fiber
*Grey Fox Full face helmet w/black spy goggles

Keep your eyes peeled

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
these bikes are so specific, i can't wait to meet the thieves. the calgary bike community is small, and these are trail builders bikes- so if you like the trails on moose mtn, specifically race of spades, you owe it to this bike owner to help find these bikes. this guy spent his winter unselfishly building trail, and you should help him get his shit back.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
obee1 wrote:
these bikes are so specific, i can't wait to meet the thieves. the calgary bike community is small, and these are trail builders bikes- so if you like the trails on moose mtn, specifically race of spades, you owe it to this bike owner to help find these bikes. this guy spent his winter unselfishly building trail, and you should help him get his shit back.

Thanks Obee, but I'm afraid that's not much help. You see, a biker/trail builder with no bike is just a trail builder. If they like ROS, I am better off for the community, without a bike.Wink

....but seriously....thanks. Keep the eyes peeled. It's a lot of bikes to go missing. I'm pretty sure someone premeditated this one. If you've heard anything, nmessage me.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
id hate to break it to you. or i guess you could say to everyone that gets their bikes stolen. but who ever took it isnt gonna keep the bike whole. they'd prolly sell it after finding out how great the bikes were or strip it down and use it themselves if they were bikers too. just thinking in the mind of a thief. sorry dude. tough luck

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
ChrisLim1993 wrote:
id hate to break it to you. or i guess you could say to everyone that gets their bikes stolen. but who ever took it isnt gonna keep the bike whole. they'd prolly sell it after finding out how great the bikes were or strip it down and use it themselves if they were bikers too. just thinking in the mind of a thief. sorry dude. tough luck

I am under no such sense of disillusion. Once a bike is stolen, it's pretty much gone. Cops said it's making it's way up the ladder as a form of drug payment.
Just going to have to be more careful next time.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
What area of the city were your bikes stolen from? We are inner city, in the north of calgary.

I wonder if its the same people who took ours, do you get your bikes serviced at any bike shops consistently? We do.

We just had our ripped off last night (May 22) from our garage.
3 Brodies (yellow 9ball, green devo, silver kinetic)
and a santa cruz(black heckler).

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
cwtorek wrote:
What area of the city were your bikes stolen from? We are inner city, in the north of calgary.

I wonder if its the same people who took ours, do you get your bikes serviced at any bike shops consistently? We do.

We just had our ripped off last night (May 22) from our garage.
3 Brodies (yellow 9ball, green devo, silver kinetic)
and a santa cruz(black heckler).

I'm in the deep southwest.

Make sure you report it to the police.
Send me a message. I'm curious about your incident....and in the public forum is not the place to talk about it, IMO.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
I live in Richmond hill Calgary and got 2 demo 7's a silver heckler and 2 specialized hard tails stolen from my garage. Wondering if its the same dirt bags??

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
alexd wrote:
I live in Richmond hill Calgary and got 2 demo 7's a silver heckler and 2 specialized hard tails stolen from my garage. Wondering if its the same dirt bags??

Seems to be a trend.
PM me with some details.
I'm keeping in touch with the cops on this one.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 6:07 Quote
this is a copy of another post:

On March 29, 2008 between 2:30 AM and 9:00 AM my brand new medium Demo 7I (SERIAL#M7HK39011) was stolen out of my garage. It’s the stock bike, white with black pin strips. This is the second time in a month someone broke into my garage and stole my bikes. The first time they took my stock 2007 Demo 7I meduim (SERIAL#M6KK38384), large Santa Cruz Heckler (Silver) with Mavericks, and a custom Rockhopper, with Fox Frox and Shimano Hollowtech2 crank. If anybody has seen these bike please contact me @ 217-5295 (612-3444 Cell). I live in Richmond Hills SW Calgary. I will offer a $1000 reward if the information leads to an arrest of the scumbag that stole my bike.

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 6:28 Quote
There seems to be a shit load of high end bike thefts in calgary lately....I have heard some amazing stories of how the theifs gained entry. A friend of mine had his bike stolen and I am thinking someone possibly followed him home once they saw his bikes on his rack. Or he was selling a bike so possibly someone who looked at his bikes. I wonder if it is the same person or persons. Sounds like it would have to be 2 people with a van or some sort of large vehicle by the amount of bikes that are being stolen in one shot.

Renters: BUY INSURANCE. It will save you a lot of heartache. It saved my ass once.

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
Hey all, i have another sad story to share... while taking my welding course at SAIT my 2004 Kona Stinky Dee-Lux with an 03 Monster was stolen from the south side of the Thomas Reilly Building. I locked it up at 7:30am and when i returned at 10:30am from my test i went outside only to find my snipped lock laying on the ground. 2 days prior my bike was stolen out of the back of my truck, luckily as i was driving to the cop shop i found the mother f***er riding my bike and got it back, not that it matters now Frown if any one has ANY info it would be much appreciated, as well there is a cash reward for its return.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
Stolen!!!
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Seller: TheBecky
$2600 CAD
Small Black Norco Six '06 Serial # A50667535 Stolen from 7-11 in Ranchlands. I put up a fight to keep it, was taken in a black truck (dodge pick-up newer model half ton or bigger)Anyone with any information, please let me know... Thanks Smile Bec

Maybe this is something.....just saw it so i figured I'd post it.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
newfdh wrote:
Stolen!!!
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Seller: TheBecky
$2600 CAD
Small Black Norco Six '06 Serial # A50667535 Stolen from 7-11 in Ranchlands. I put up a fight to keep it, was taken in a black truck (dodge pick-up newer model half ton or bigger)Anyone with any information, please let me know... Thanks Smile Bec

Maybe this is something.....just saw it so i figured I'd post it.

It is definatly(sp) something. It happened in the middle of the day with lots of people around, She was trying to pull him out of the truck to get it back but he just sped away and no one could be bothered to get the plate or even help (Feck I HATE what this town has turned into)

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
STOLEN: sometime between 12:30 and 4:20 pm Tuesday June 10,
Stolen from:
Calgary, AB. From bike rack in front of Airline Ticket Center, corner of 1 ST and 7th ave SW, C-train tracks.
Value: $650
Serial: P6L121932
Description:
Hardrock Sport, special
Black with gray graphics, front and rear disk brakes, front shock, added black front and rear mud guard fenders motocross style (removable). Bike is brand new. $150 reward for finding the bike, no questions asked.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013001
Mobile Version of Website