Powered by Outside

The Disappointing BMX Products Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The Disappointing BMX Products Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
We have all bought some kind of product that we have been disapointed in at one time or another so I want to know what your experiences and stories are. It can be any BMX product you can think of, from barends to videos, I don't care just post it.

At Christmas time I got the video Standpoint Left/Right and I thought it was pretty boring. The video consisted entirely of street riding and the riders mostly rode rails. Not that I hate street and rails or anything but a whole video of it is pretty boring. They could have had at least a few dirt and park clips.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
jim c pedals. after riding them for a few weeks, the outside pins wore down, and my foot kept slipping off

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
hardtail123 wrote:
jim c pedals. after riding them for a few weeks, the outside pins wore down, and my foot kept slipping off
My brother has the limited edition lime green ones and the pins wore out really fast. After replacing the pins they turned out to be a great set of pedals.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
mmm, jim c pedals dont have enough grip, but the trailmixes probably solved that.
most grips haha.
odyssey mds---i like the sprocket but odyssey provides it with a hat washer that is too long. doh!
and most grips.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
I was really dissapointed with my shadow asphalt grips?
And my unsealed bottom bracket, wort piece design of a BMX product Ive ever seen ever.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
I bought the dirt harry lever from diacomp and i hated it, its a completely different type of lever and i understand that but just the overall feel of it was poop, and it creaked alot whenever i pulled...dunno why..possibly my brake set up but w/e it sucked!

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
Edwin grips. After all the good things I read about them, as I was building up my new bike I decided to give them a go only to find that I completely hated them. They fell apart pretty quick and my sweaty hands were like holding on to bars of soap. Aside from those I've liked all my other BMX parts.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
Edwin grips. After all the good things I read about them, as I was building up my new bike I decided to give them a go only to find that I completely hated them. They fell apart pretty quick and my sweaty hands were like holding on to bars of soap. Aside from those I've liked all my other BMX parts.

my friend got them and i didnt like them either.

zoomers were also pretty sad.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
bradyc wrote:
I was really dissapointed with my shadow asphalt grips?
And my unsealed bottom bracket, wort piece design of a BMX product Ive ever seen ever.

i hated my asphalts too, they were alright feeling but i ripped them in under 3 weeks!

i don't know what you guys are talking about about the Jim C pedals, they have the perfect amount of grip for street! anymore would be too much, i've had 3 pairs and never slipped unless they got really wet.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
my feet would slide off during my mad bicycle manuevers. need more grip.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 7:46 Quote
i was really dissapointed when i ordered an eastern 2-9er complete back rim. i just needed a replacement that would have to last me a few months, but in 2 weeks the damn bearing blew outMad . oh well i guess you get what you pay for.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 7:50 Quote
Odyssey Wombolt.

Worst crank I have ever owned. It was super expensive and I broke it a month after I bought it. It was also a 10 months fight for waranty that was never honored. All in all I will not buy another odyssey part ever.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:41 Quote
bikenation wrote:
Odyssey Wombolt.

Worst crank I have ever owned. It was super expensive and I broke it a month after I bought it. It was also a 10 months fight for waranty that was never honored. All in all I will not buy another odyssey part ever.
That's weird, I always thought the Wombolts were a really good set of cranks. How'd you break them?

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
hes talking about the v1's...the v2's are much better...

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:48 Quote
pretty much every bar end ive ever owned...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010295
Mobile Version of Website