Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

do you think i can do 4x with this ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
do you think i can do 4x with this ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 22:52 Quote
hi
i want to do some 4x .... but i was thinkin if i could do 4x with this bike....tell me what you think...and like if this would be good or not...of course putting sram speeds to this lol.

thanks !tup
photo

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 23:01 Quote
go to the fuken track and find out.....Rolleyes

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
edwinrdz wrote:
hi
i want to do some 4x .... but i was thinkin if i could do 4x with this bike....tell me what you think...and like if this would be good or not...of course putting sram speeds to this lol.

thanks !tup
photo

yah that would be fine

if you wanted to you could even do it on this Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.have-you-met-ted.com/wp-content/uploads/radio-flyer-classic-red-tricycle.jpg

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 3:56 Quote
Yeah man you should be ok, most racers like 9 speed though.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 4:07 Quote
you're not allowed to race 4cross with 1 brake or singlespeed

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:03 Quote
stryke wrote:

According to?

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:19 Quote
i was going to say i could have sworn i heard something on another forum about them changing the rules of the events so you can run a single brake? as for ss, why not? can't see any reason behind that...

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:36 Quote
I can see a single brake being more of a problem as its such a close and tight event, but single speed? Not really any problems there

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
I think the main question was if he can do good 4X in that bike and not if the bike is allowed to competition. For 4X I think that's it if he only want to have some fun maybe he even don't need to change nothing ... Try it on the track and if u have need of gears ou brake power simply put it and ride! For competition I think he only need to put a front brake, the SS is legal and most efficient than putting gears in a quiack and tecnical track like a 4X track ...Confused

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
mikeyboy wrote:
stryke wrote:

According to?

most major 4x events? atleast here in france you have to run gears and have 2 working brakes.

probably because its 4cross not 26" bmx

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
mikeyboy wrote:
stryke wrote:

According to?

lmfao the rules are, u have to have atleast one working break, and a full face helmet, and bar ends... other then that u could race with any bike you want as long as it follows those 3 rules... (there is a limit but u get the idea)

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
Yea, you may wanna get some grippier tires tho, haha.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
stryke wrote:

ive seen people race 4x with rear brake and singlespeed,your a knob

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 14:24 Quote
chatua wrote:
Yea, you may wanna get some grippier tires tho, haha.

well even the tires arent a bad thing, in ontario all the berms are paved, and i have friends that race pure bold tires (like not one bit of tread) and they do fine... its all about what you prefer!

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 15:49 Quote
defo , no question, you can race 4x on any bike , i had that bike and it was very easy to pedal and chuck around , go for it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012892
Mobile Version of Website