Powered by Outside

Should Pinkbike make a reviews section?

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Should Pinkbike make a reviews section?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
Do you guys think that it would handy if Pinkbike had a reviews section? If so, and I get enough responses then I will mail this thread to radek and hope that he will make one.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 9:00 Quote
yea, then u wouldnt get all these "which should i get" or "whats good about this bike" threads

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
sicknastydirt wrote:
yea, then u wouldnt get all these "which should i get" or "whats good about this bike" threads

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
Yeah the definitly should. im always stuck with going to get mtbr.com

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
That's what I was thinking. I'm tired of that website. Pinkbike is sooooo much better.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
Yeh I thinks its great idea however only if the reviews are read by the moderaters before they are put up otherwise the reviews will just turn into threads themselves with everybody putting their opinion when they haven't actually got the part/bike that is being reviewed

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
Matt428 wrote:
Yeh I thinks its great idea however only if the reviews are read by the moderaters before they are put up otherwise the reviews will just turn into threads themselves with everybody putting their opinion when they haven't actually got the part/bike that is being reviewed
True. Or just make everyone who puts a review up for their bike have to put up a picture of it. This wouldn't be perfect but it would be better.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
Yeah, ive never enjoyed using mtbr as much as pinkbike... Mainly because PB has less adds, is faster and just looks better.

Also, on a few seperate instances ive had MTBR try and download programs onto my computer. Really Mad

Though if we got moderators to look through it, they probobally would get sick and tired of it. What if we just used the voting system on reviews, aka "Did you find this review useful?"

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:49 Quote
yes, i've been wanting one for a while. but it can't be like MTBR. there reviews suck. they don't have years witch is crappy when your looking at a bike like an Intense m6 thats been made since like 1997 or something. so all these crappy reviews from the 90's are innacurate and don't help at all if your looking at something like a 2006.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
^^ Yeah, isnt it funny when you looking at the section for the 2008 bikes, and it shows the 2005 model... Blank Stare

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
No, it would probably get filled with crappy reviews from people who don't even have the product.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
Well, they could just figure a way to filter out the stupid reviews.
Like for example they could put a minimum word count, this would stop people from posting reviews on bikes they dont have because they wouldnt be able to think up enough about the bike to come up with a decent review...

Just an idea, I dont know if it would actually work.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
there is a frickrn reviews section look just above the new news on the homepage.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
makechanges wrote:
there is a frickrn reviews section look just above the new news on the homepage.

the idea is that people can submit reviews of the bikes or parts that they own, not like the one review every two week that the pinkbike guys do.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008909
Mobile Version of Website